Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Asus P6T Deluxe v1 48GB ram confirmation

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
January 16, 2012 6:13:01 AM

This is my first post here - I tried to find info on the net about whether I could run 48gb on the p6t sas deluxe v1 mainboard, and only one japanese page with a cpu-z screenshot came up.

A couple of weeks ago I bought 3x8gb by mistake (should have been 6x4gb) to max out the supported 24gb. I found out that the 3x8gb worked without a hitch, and out of curiosity bought three more modules.

I hereby confirm it works, and have been running a completely stable system for a week now (in case anyone else is interested in running this much memory on an aging p6t mainboard ;-)

Current config:
- Windows 7 pro 64bit
- Asus P6T Deluxe SAS v1
- i7 920 @ 3.6ghz
- 6x8gb CL9-9-9-24 DDR3-1333 triple channel (six 8gb modules G.SKILL RipjawsX F3-10666CL95-8gbxl)
- ATI 5870 1gb
- Revodrive3 X2 240gb
- 3 hdd's total 2tb
- e-mu 1820 sound card

...and in case someone wondering about why I require that much ram (or at least 24gb): I am embarking on a virtual heritage 3d visualization project which is extremely complex, and, after some initial testing, it will require about 20~24gb to render. And with the modules at a mere can$70 a piece... I decided to max it out, just in case I will require a little bit more.
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 328 V Motherboard
January 16, 2012 1:16:13 PM

Memory 6 x DIMM, Max. 24 GB - It will not post or even boot. It will require more power for the RAM too.


DDR3 2000(O.C.)*/1866(O.C.)*/1800(O.C.)*/1600(O.C.)/1333/1066 Non-ECC,Un-buffered Memory

Triple channel memory architecture

Supports Intel® Extreme Memory Profile (XMP)

*Hyper DIMM (DDR3 1800MHz or above) support is subject to the physical characteristics of individual CPUs.
**Refer to www.asus.com. Or user manual for the Memory QVL (Qualified Vendor Lists.)
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 328 V Motherboard
January 16, 2012 1:18:15 PM

x79 would do it for u. Asus P9X79 Deluxe would give u max 64GB RAM option : )
Related resources
January 16, 2012 5:31:45 PM

nikorr said:
Memory 6 x DIMM, Max. 24 GB - It will not post or even boot. It will require more power for the RAM too.


DDR3 2000(O.C.)*/1866(O.C.)*/1800(O.C.)*/1600(O.C.)/1333/1066 Non-ECC,Un-buffered Memory

Triple channel memory architecture

Supports Intel® Extreme Memory Profile (XMP)

*Hyper DIMM (DDR3 1800MHz or above) support is subject to the physical characteristics of individual CPUs.
**Refer to www.asus.com. Or user manual for the Memory QVL (Qualified Vendor Lists.)


Please read my first post once more:

My first post was not a question, just a confirmation that it works. It posts. It boots. The bios reports 48gb of ram, and that amount is available to my win7 pro as well.

And I have been running a stable system for a week now. Also did a test with memory heavy 3d scene (290 million polygons), and it has no problems with that, filling the memory.
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 328 V Motherboard
January 16, 2012 5:35:35 PM

Herbert123 said:
Please read my first post once more:

My first post was not a question, just a confirmation that it works. It posts. It boots. The bios reports 48gb of ram, and that amount is available to my win7 pro as well.

And I have been running a stable system for a week now. Also did a test with memory heavy 3d scene (290 million polygons), and it has no problems with that, filling the memory.

That's cool, than.

I have tried same on couple of the boards ASUS and Gigabyte and nada, BSOD's : )
January 16, 2012 5:47:54 PM

Yes, I did read about people reporting their x58 boards would recognize up to 32gb, but not the full 48gb. I was running 12gb 6x2 9-9-9-24 Corsair 1600mhz modules before I upgraded.

Getting the system to recognize the first 3 8gb modules took a bios reset, and switching two of the modules. Then I added the additional 3 modules, and it worked straight out.

I must be lucky, then.
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 328 V Motherboard
January 16, 2012 5:51:19 PM

Herbert123 said:
Yes, I did read about people reporting their x58 boards would recognize up to 32gb, but not the full 48gb. I was running 12gb 6x2 9-9-9-24 Corsair 1600mhz modules before I upgraded.

Getting the system to recognize the first 3 8gb modules took a bios reset, and switching two of the modules. Then I added the additional 3 modules, and it worked straight out.

I must be lucky, then.

Its cool that it is working without a hick up : )
December 2, 2012 10:33:49 AM

Do you possibly have the exact part number of that RipjawsX F3-10666CL95-8gbxl sticks you got working. Was it a "kit" of three or single sticks?

Does it still work reliably by the way?

/Trist

- 6x8gb CL9-9-9-24 DDR3-1333 triple channel (six 8gb modules G.SKILL RipjawsX F3-10666CL95-8gbxl)
December 2, 2012 12:18:51 PM

Do you possibly have the exact part number of that RipjawsX F3-10666CL95-8gbxl sticks you got working. Was it a "kit" of three or single sticks?

Does it still work reliably by the way?

/Trist

- 6x8gb CL9-9-9-24 DDR3-1333 triple channel (six 8gb modules G.SKILL RipjawsX F3-10666CL95-8gbxl)
June 11, 2014 7:56:50 PM

Hi man.
tks for sharing.

But i guess there is a mistake

I cannot find: G.SKILL RipjawsX F3-10666CL95-8gbxl

Any hint?

Tks!
!