How do you change IRQ used?

G

Hi

I installed a PnP network card (D-link DFE-538TX/R) which is on the Microsoft Hardware Compatibility List for NT4. The installation floppy worked flawlessly and I believe the NIC is working (waiting for ADSL hookup).

My question is "how can I change the IRQ used by this PnP card in NT4?"

NT doesn't support PnP so I need to be able to assign IRQ's to prevent this card from conflicting with other cards.

Thanks

John

PS is there a way to test the NIC installation before the ADSL is hooked up?

manish

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
To change the IRQ of your PnP NIC, one of the methods is to change the IRQ of the particular PCI slot in your BIOS setup. For Operating Systems which do not support PnP, the option of "Plug and Play OS" in BIOS should be disabled. Most new BIOS software allow you to change the PCI IRQ nos. (ensure you don't change it to something conflicting though).

G

You can ping your local card to test it but you will need a loopback wire to test Send/Recieve.

G

Before everything ensure you have correct and latest drivers!

Then try this:

One way to do it is to deny your network card PnP function.
You should be able to do change it on your network card bios. To access it, run a little program located on the setup disk. Note that You must be in dos mode! You will probable need an M$-DOS (win9x) bootup disk for it. From your Lan card bios You may specify Lan adapters IRQ as well (in some cases you can`t).

And they said schizophrenia is annoying?