problem with mouse

Derf345

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2002
Ok, I have a Microsoft Intellimouse optical USB for about 13 months now and its been working flawlessly for all that time (I LOVE not cleaning the ball) except for about a week ago, after a while it just freezes, even the little red light turns inside turn off and all. I’m not sure if its the mouse is going bad or my usb ports. If I unplug it and plug it in again that fixs the problem sometimes but othertimes I need to restart the computer. Anyone know what’s going on here?

Thanks.

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
try a different USB port or a PS2 adaptor.

Also, see if it freezes after the same period of time... its not at all related to any power saving setting is it?

<b>My Computer is so powerful Suron Desires it and mortal men Covert it, <i>My Precioussssssss</i></b>

Derf345

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2002
yeap, it freezing(well, now it like forgets mouse is there then remembers its there again, somethings) on ps/2, and the other USB port also, i doute it is any power setting seening as the only time i changed them was to change my monitor 'sleep' time, and that was so long ago and the prob started a week or 2 ago , i think im gona need a new mouse =( plus no gaming till i get a new mouse =( =( (but thats not a bad thing really, *cough* school =( )

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by derf345 on 02/01/03 01:41 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Derf345

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2002
geeez, i think i may have found the prob, the cord got a gash in it. im gona tape it up and if it don't mess up, then i just saved $24, woot