the best IR camera

I am looking for camera in range of 300-400$
4-6Mpx new or used.What is your sugestion?
I like to use heliopan 1000 IR filter.
Thanks for any help.
George.
3 answers Last reply
More about camera

    anyone4tennis@hotmail.com wrote:

    > I am looking for camera in range of 300-400$
    > 4-6Mpx new or used.What is your sugestion?
    > I like to use heliopan 1000 IR filter.
    > Thanks for any help.

    I've has good IR pictures with my Fuji S7000 so I guess the S5000 will work
    just as well.

    In article <8o620199mtqd1ifesinhol6k36cpbm8ms1@4ax.com>,
    jp <prymont@telusplanet.net> wrote:

    > I am looking for camera in range of 300-400$
    > 4-6Mpx new or used.What is your sugestion?
    > I like to use heliopan 1000 IR filter.
    > Thanks for any help.
    > George.

    The old Oly C2000Z is excessively sensitive to IR. IR LEDs, hot coals,
    heating elements, and dimmed light bulbs photograph as cyan in a dimly
    lit room. It's only 2Mpix, though.

    Canon makes astrophotography "a" versions of some of their DSLRs. A
    filter is removed so light outside of the visible spectrum can expose
    the sensor. If they make a 300Da, it might not cost too much after the
    350D is released.

    "Kevin McMurtrie" <mcmurtri@dslextreme.com> wrote in message
    > In article <8o620199mtqd1ifesinhol6k36cpbm8ms1@4ax.com>,
    > jp <prymont@telusplanet.net> wrote:
    >
    > > I am looking for camera in range of 300-400$
    > > 4-6Mpx new or used.What is your sugestion?
    > > I like to use heliopan 1000 IR filter.
    > > Thanks for any help.
    > > George.
    >
    > The old Oly C2000Z is excessively sensitive to IR. IR LEDs, hot coals,
    > heating elements, and dimmed light bulbs photograph as cyan in a dimly
    > lit room. It's only 2Mpix, though.
    >
    > Canon makes astrophotography "a" versions of some of their DSLRs. A
    > filter is removed so light outside of the visible spectrum can expose
    > the sensor. If they make a 300Da, it might not cost too much after the
    > 350D is released.

    The Canon 20Da is not IR sensitive. They changed the IR block filter to
    allow passage of the H<alpha> band which is visible red at 636nm. The 20Da
    is special order, Japan only, 3 month delivery upon order, no price
    mentioned.

Filter Photo Cameras