the best IR camera

Last response: in Digital Camera
Share
February 2, 2005 9:28:51 PM

I am looking for camera in range of 300-400$
4-6Mpx new or used.What is your sugestion?
I like to use heliopan 1000 IR filter.
Thanks for any help.
George.

More about : camera

Anonymous
February 23, 2005 11:59:02 PM

anyone4tennis@hotmail.com wrote:

> I am looking for camera in range of 300-400$
> 4-6Mpx new or used.What is your sugestion?
> I like to use heliopan 1000 IR filter.
> Thanks for any help.

I've has good IR pictures with my Fuji S7000 so I guess the S5000 will work
just as well.
Anonymous
February 24, 2005 12:20:41 AM

In article <8o620199mtqd1ifesinhol6k36cpbm8ms1@4ax.com>,
jp <prymont@telusplanet.net> wrote:

> I am looking for camera in range of 300-400$
> 4-6Mpx new or used.What is your sugestion?
> I like to use heliopan 1000 IR filter.
> Thanks for any help.
> George.

The old Oly C2000Z is excessively sensitive to IR. IR LEDs, hot coals,
heating elements, and dimmed light bulbs photograph as cyan in a dimly
lit room. It's only 2Mpix, though.

Canon makes astrophotography "a" versions of some of their DSLRs. A
filter is removed so light outside of the visible spectrum can expose
the sensor. If they make a 300Da, it might not cost too much after the
350D is released.
February 24, 2005 4:05:50 AM

"Kevin McMurtrie" <mcmurtri@dslextreme.com> wrote in message
> In article <8o620199mtqd1ifesinhol6k36cpbm8ms1@4ax.com>,
> jp <prymont@telusplanet.net> wrote:
>
> > I am looking for camera in range of 300-400$
> > 4-6Mpx new or used.What is your sugestion?
> > I like to use heliopan 1000 IR filter.
> > Thanks for any help.
> > George.
>
> The old Oly C2000Z is excessively sensitive to IR. IR LEDs, hot coals,
> heating elements, and dimmed light bulbs photograph as cyan in a dimly
> lit room. It's only 2Mpix, though.
>
> Canon makes astrophotography "a" versions of some of their DSLRs. A
> filter is removed so light outside of the visible spectrum can expose
> the sensor. If they make a 300Da, it might not cost too much after the
> 350D is released.

The Canon 20Da is not IR sensitive. They changed the IR block filter to
allow passage of the H<alpha> band which is visible red at 636nm. The 20Da
is special order, Japan only, 3 month delivery upon order, no price
mentioned.
!