Small Bug

When in base pod screen, podding lifeforms no longer registers on the
base population counter. To clarify; If you pod 400,000 cols off base,
the population count does not change. Therefore, when using clone, one
can just keep clicking it and it will go on forever.

Interesting though, is that when podding anything else off base,
natives, minerals etc, the base screen reflects the changes.

Robert.

nameless

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2002

I am actually wondering if anybody has already 'unveiled' this little
bug.
And also when it happens.

ps. Maybe someone wants to search for a thread with a subject like: the
little pod bug feature unveiled.

I am also wondering who the one might have been who unveiled it...
I can only think of one person...

soxee wrote:
> When in base pod screen, podding lifeforms no longer registers on the
> base population counter. To clarify; If you pod 400,000 cols off
base,
> the population count does not change. Therefore, when using clone,
one
> can just keep clicking it and it will go on forever.
>
> Interesting though, is that when podding anything else off base,
> natives, minerals etc, the base screen reflects the changes.
>
> Robert.

Okay, so its already known. So why did I not have a problem with it
before. Everything worked fine before recent hosts.

Robert

nameless

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2002

soxee wrote:
> Okay, so its already known. So why did I not have a problem with it
> before. Everything worked fine before recent hosts.
>
> Robert

Well if you would have tried to find that post, I have talked about,
you would already know.

Well this only happens when you already made a trn file for that turn
and then play a safed game (not again unpack the rst) to complete that
turn (and that very same game in the very same slot).
If you have given all pod launch orders (featuring population) before
making the turn file the first time, you will not have a problem -
otherwise you will.
Failing to notice this bug may lead to another bug, but I strongly
recommend that you search for that old post to learn more.

You can prevent this from happening, by copying your slot to another
location before making the trn file the first time, and then before
completing your turn replacing your slot with the backuped files (you
should prior delete the old slot to be safe - and that not from within
the planets program).

Oh now I know what I have done. I'm doing another players turn for him
in the same game and made a Trn for that race, while not doing it for
my own. Thanks for that info Nameless.

Nameless' pandora always has a gift for anybody...