Problem with my 5770

Status
Not open for further replies.

sri_krishna

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2010
Hi guys, I have recently bought a ATI 5770 as recommended by some of the forum members for my pc. But while playing games I found out it is not able to give expected speed in some games which I have tried so far like cricket 07 and spiderman web of shadows, whereas in other games like assassins creed 2, NFS undercover, shift and GTA 4 it works very fine. I cant understand these games have much higher requirements then the previously mentioned ones then why cricket 07 and spiderman web of shadows run slow? My integrated graphics card was also giving me full speed in cricket 07.
I generally play games at 1366 X 768 with everything at high or medium. But changing these settings do not work. Iam using driver version 10.9, but changing driver also does not help. What should I do to play these games with full speed?

Solution
Wow, HD5770 at 1366x768 is an overkill.
Anyway, what is your FULL specs? CPU? RAM? Mobo? PSU?
Are you sure 6pin power connector is properly attached?
You said that only cricket and spiderman are your problem, seeing the other games are fine then I think you have problem with the game itself (cricket and spiderman).
Wow, HD5770 at 1366x768 is an overkill.
Anyway, what is your FULL specs? CPU? RAM? Mobo? PSU?
Are you sure 6pin power connector is properly attached?
You said that only cricket and spiderman are your problem, seeing the other games are fine then I think you have problem with the game itself (cricket and spiderman).

Solution

sri_krishna

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2010

Iam using a
core 2 quad Q8200 2.33 Ghz
2Gb DDR2 Ram
500w coolermaster PSU
For the 6pin power connector I ve checked it and it is fine and properly connected.
Iam using the card in a pcie-16 x1 slot could it be causing problem?

sri_krishna

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2010
IS your card staying in idle mode while running those games ?? -- the 5770 will downclock when it is not being used for graphic intensive apps so it might just be that the games are low enough on the usage requirements that it is not speeding up when running them.

sri_krishna

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2010

well the activity meter shows about 29-30% while playing spiderman. the temp of the card is also fairly low with 32C , so it cant be a issue of overheating.

Status
Not open for further replies.