Internet explorer 8 download for windows 7 32 bit

jaanzwy

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
i can't find the download for Internet Explorer 8 for Windows 7. i already have internet Explorer 9, but can't use it and need to download 8.
Can you please advise me?

There is no IE8 download for Windows 7!

IE9 has a compatibility mode that can be accessed by pressing F12 and selecting on of the modes under Browser Mode:

To get IE8 back after you uninstall IE9 you must go to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features and re-activate IE8 in the Turn Windows features on or off.

CO_BlueSkies

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2012
My computer also seems to need features from IE 8 that were mistakenly deleted with a *.tmp cleanup, I think.

I cannot display home pages of popular sites - this has NOTHING to do with the Helvetica font (it's not on my system). I've tried all the fixes the Microsoft site has offered. NOTHING is fixing my problem.

Like the person who started this thread, I need to load IE 8 for Win 7 (which, evidently, doesn't exist!)

Any ideas?

Ricochet_16

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2011
Whether you can install IE8 on your computer depends on whether your IE9 was preinstalled when you bought your computer as an update, or whether it is a native IE9.

If it was installed as an update to IE8, use the following procedure:

Click the Start button , type Programs and Features in the search box, and then click View installed updates in the left pane.
Under Uninstall an update, scroll down to the Microsoft Windows section.

Right-click Windows Internet Explorer 9, click Uninstall, and then, when prompted, click Yes.

Then click one of the following:

Restart now (to finish the process of uninstalling Internet Explorer 9, and restore the previous version of Internet Explorer).

Restart later (to wait until you shut down or restart your computer).

You computer should then revert back to IE8 automatically after you reboot.

However, if IE9 was not installed as an update to IE8, you can only make it work temporarily in IE8 mode by pressing F12 in IE9 to bring up the developer tools. and selecting IE8 under Browser Mode. Try the first method first. Then you will know how your IE9 was installed when your computer was purchased.

CO_BlueSkies

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2012
Well, I've had a couple of techs on my computer for nearly eight hours beginning yesterday and again, today ... something is very wrong with my IE9. The techs are now off trying to figure out what's happened to my computer, whether it's an attack or incompatibility of some sort.

They tried the exact procedures you offered Ricochet_16, so ... thank you for your input! You can respond to any of my inquires - you seem to know what you're talking about.

I'll post the outcome of the tech's investigations whenever it's available. I sense a full Windows 7 rebuild coming. I hope my backup files are as complete as I've set them up to be!

Thanks to all those who gave this question some thought.