CPUID data problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

etudiant

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2012
Hello,
I'm trying to monitor my system temperatures using CPUID, but I get weird results for the motherboard temperature.
My system is way overbuilt, an Asus P8Z68 Deluxe with 16 gig of Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3 ram using a non overclocked Intel I5-2405S with a Noctua NH-C12P SE14, in a Fractal Arc Midi case.
CPU temperatures fluctuate between 28 and 39 degrees C, at least according to CPUID.
Motherboard temperatures by contrast swing between 6 and 127 degrees C, although they ususally show about 28 degrees for SYSTIN and AUXTIN, with CPUTIN an outlier showing 60 degrees C.

These numbers make no sense and are wrong. The motherboard is cool to the touch everywhere, not showing any hotspots and the system is running stably.
What is going on?

Temps like '127C' are null temps, meaning whatever HW Monitor is looking at (pooling) doesn't exist. As far as CPU temps 39C is to be expected under load and 28C as idle. The truth is none of the 'software' BIOS probes are a 100% accurate.

Try RealTemp or other Apps and often they vary, run it at the same time; see -> http://www.techpowerup.com/realtemp/

etudiant

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2012

Hi jaquith,

Thank you for the guidance and the reassurance.
I downloaded Realtemp 3.70, ran a couple ot their tests and the CPU temperatures agree nicely with CPUID and also Piriform Speccy.
Unfortunately, 3.70 gives no data on the motherboard temperatures. Is there some other software that does that?

etudiant

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2012
Hi jaquith,

Thank you for an excellent tip.
I tracked down HWinfo64 here http://www.hwinfo.com/download64.html

Excellent program, much more comprehensive than CPUID or Speccy, with detailed MB data as well as graphics and CPU info.
I was glad that it was giving reassuring numbers for all temperatures, but still wonder how the other programs could get it so wrong.
There had been a comment in another posting that the monitoring programs sometimes read random data as temperature, because the data fields are not aligned properly(?), which may explain why my AUXTIN temperatures would jump from 29 to 127 degrees C in a flash, but I don't understand it.

Status
Not open for further replies.