InSaYnE

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2011
i have a creative 7.1 surround setup running into my onboard realtek sound and it will only function as a 5.1 even when the control panel and realtek settings are both set to 7.1

mightymaxio

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2009
is the game or movie you are trying to play or watch have native 7.1 surround support? Most games these days only support 5.1 because they are ports from consoles that dont support 7.1 which is sad. I remember games back in the day 5-6 years ago supported 7.1 and now you would be lucky to find a game that supports it still.

InSaYnE

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2011
i fixed it. creative proprietary crap. stumbled upon this guide he explains it well. http://problemstosolve.com/2006/07/20/how-to-get-all-8-speakers-working-in-a-71-creative-inspire-set-without-a-creative-sound-card-solved/ just note if anyone else experiences this that on some mobo's and sound cards youll have both a blue and grey sound port, both can be side audio. mine so happens to be the grey port rather than the blue.

InSaYnE

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2011
lol well on his diagram on that site he lists blue. ive run into another problem though. my serious sam hd no longer plays sound in surround. the guns sound far away and muffled and the only speaker that plays game sounds is the center speaker and the 4 corner speakers play music while the sides are inactive.