tecra 8000 hard drive

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
March 21, 2005 11:50:50 PM

Now I am almost sorted with RAm I tried to adda bigger hard drive.

I tried to fit a 20 gig drive but it shows in Fdisk as the 8 gig is
still in there.

Any ideas chaps and chapesses??

I have managed to update the BIOS to 9.3 and will post how I did it
later tonight!
Regards Andy T

--
For users by users - BY-users group
<http://www.by-users.co.uk&gt;

More about : tecra 8000 hard drive

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
March 22, 2005 5:55:13 PM

"Andy T" <andy@westmidland-internet.co.uk> wrote in message
> Now I am almost sorted with RAm I tried to adda bigger hard drive.
>
> I tried to fit a 20 gig drive but it shows in Fdisk as the 8 gig is
> still in there.
>
> Any ideas chaps and chapesses??
>
> I have managed to update the BIOS to 9.3 and will post how I did it
> later tonight!
> Regards Andy T
>

> --
> For users by users - BY-users group
> <http://www.by-users.co.uk&gt;
Fdisk? You using MS-DOS? I suspect you mean the BIOS set up shows an 8 Gig
drive when you install the 20 Gig. If you are using MS-DOS, I seem to recall
there was a limit to the drive size that it would recognize. I would
recommend updating the BIOS. My Tecra 8000 (400 MHz version) works fine
with the 20 Gig it has in it. Of course I am running Windows 2000 Pro, and
on another 20 Gig drive Suse 9..2 Linux.
!