ASUS USB 3.0 Front Panel Box Problem

I have an ASUS P8P67Pro motherboard. I purchased an ASUS USB Front Panel Box and connected it to the 19 pin header on the motherboard. My problem is that when I plug my WD MyPassport into it it doesn't get recognized. The power light does come on though. If I connect it to the USB 3.0 port on the rear of the board it works fine. If I connect my Seagate USB 2.0 Free Agent to the Front Panel box it also works as it should. I updated the Renesas driver but still no go. I also do not see the additional USB 3.0 ports showing up in device manager. Any thoughts?
4 answers Last reply
More about asus front panel problem
  1. Maybe the HDD is not getting enough power.
  2. Maybe, but why does it work on the rear ports? Is there a difference in the amount of power the ports put out?
  3. deertroy1 said:
    I have an ASUS P8P67Pro motherboard. I purchased an ASUS USB Front Panel Box and connected it to the 19 pin header on the motherboard. My problem is that when I plug my WD MyPassport into it it doesn't get recognized. The power light does come on though. If I connect it to the USB 3.0 port on the rear of the board it works fine. If I connect my Seagate USB 2.0 Free Agent to the Front Panel box it also works as it should. I updated the Renesas driver but still no go. I also do not see the additional USB 3.0 ports showing up in device manager. Any thoughts?

Check your BIOS to enable the Onboard USB 3 header. Also check under Computer Management/Disk Management to see if it shows up there
  4. USB 3 is enabled in BIOS. I returned it to ASUS.
Ask a new question

Read More

Asus Front Panel USB3 Motherboards