Gaming Setup, possibly cheap?

qop567

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2011
Hey, I'm looking to build a (hopefully cheap-ish) desktop setup for gaming. I'd be playing games like Vindictus, Tera-Online, and hopefully to run these on maxed out settings if possible. I'd like to setup an intel & nvidia setup, but don't mind an AMD if someone things it's best. I was going to use cyberpowerpc, but their motherboards have no pcie x16 slots. Could someone help me build a nice setup that would be around at most around $1,000? I'm not good at pc building/hardware at all. And I mean everything from the power supply to cd drives (I don't really have parts to reuse besides my 320GB hard drive cause I'm running on a laptop, but I'd probably need more space). I was looking at this case ( right hurr ) but all recommendations are welcome :D I hope I'm not asking too much haha. Thanks a bunch!

Solution
Use the things in the 600$ build. Just swap the mobo and CPU out for the i5 and the P67 mobo.

So instead of the Asrock Extreme3 870, get the Asrock Extreme4 P67, and instead of the AMD 925, get the i5 2500K. Do you plan to OC? I forget.
Well games like that are easy to max out. What resolution is your monitor?

You could easily do one of the 450$-600$ builds on my website and still run those at max. But it all depends on your resolution. Most likely the 600$ would max it out easy. My 5850 can Max out all the settings AA and AF on Vindictus during the beta @ 1680x1050. So I think the 600$ one would work just nicely.

Refer to the siggy link below.

qop567

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2011
I'm gonna have to buy a monitor for the desktop since I'm currently using a laptop. I probably should have mentioned that too. I don't have any idea what resolutions will work with what cards so I'd be happy if that was mentioned by future posters too xD. I was told that I should look in the 9800 area (i hope we're talking about nvidia graphics cards lmao) but then again I dont really know haha. I'm going to check out the builds on your site. Thanks :D!

Well even if you swapped out the 6850 for a 5850 that'd put you at about 630$, you could still get a DVD/CD drive for 20$, thats 650, then Win7 100$ and a monitor for the remaining 250$. It should work out just nicely IMO. You don't need crazy GPU power to run vindictus, a cheap-o build would work fine.

qop567

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2011
I have a Windows 7 64 bit OS disk so thats minus $100 :D And idk if you play Vindictus, but I attempted to on my laptop that blows away the specs, but I still lag pretty bad. But anyways, I'd like to be able to run nicer games as well. How much would a 200 or 400 series run me? I'm looking for a 200 series or over, or at least the 9800

qop567

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2011
I got those cards suggested to me today. If I were to use the 460 GTX, which one of your builds would I use that with? and are any of your builds possibly an intel i5 one?

Use the things in the 600$ build. Just swap the mobo and CPU out for the i5 and the P67 mobo.

So instead of the Asrock Extreme3 870, get the Asrock Extreme4 P67, and instead of the AMD 925, get the i5 2500K. Do you plan to OC? I forget.

Solution