Rams setup for Lanparty UT nF4 Ultra-D?

j2k_02

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2012
Hello, I have been running on 2 GB of rams (1GB per stick and are in orange slots) for years. I have decided to buy 2 GB more to have a 4GB rams set-up. I bought this one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231047

After putting those new ones into yellow slots, it will not post at all. I have checked those rams in orange slots (I took the old rams out) and it boots up fine. So they aren't defective.

The old rams' spec are:
OCZ DDR (PC3200)
2 GBs (1 GB per stick)
2-3-2-5-0

I checked with my bios and it seems to be up to date (4/6/2006). Did anyone have success in getting all 4 GB rams to work on this mobo? Maybe I'm missing something? Let me know if you want more details.

Thanks!

-- You may have to increase the northbridge voltage in the BIOS. When those boards were built there were not many people using 4 sticks of RAM. Enter the BIOS and bump up the northbridge voltage in the increments available, one increment for each attempt.

-- If you still cannot POST and boot, bump up the RAM voltage in the BIOS. Try bumping it up in the increments available in the BIOS, one increment each attempt.

j2k_02

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2012
Thanks for the response!

In one of BIOS settings, I see something like this:

CPU VID Control Auto
CPU VID Special Control Auto
LDT Voltage Control 1.30V
Chip Set Voltage Control 1.50V
DRAM VOLTAGE Control 2.60V

Is Chip Set Voltage considered northbridge voltage?