Closed

What hardware will bottleneck gtx 460

Hello, I have a Phenom II x2 555 BE OC'd to 3.7, 6GB RAM at 1120Mhz, will that bottleneck a GTX 460? Anyone have experience with similar hardware?
7 answers Last reply
More about what hardware bottleneck
  1. @malmental I can unlock, i have tried a few times however, it won't post with 4 unlocked but with 3 it will. Then it crashes when loading windows everytime with 3 cores. Any suggestions?
  2. In that case, there is no point in trying further.Even with two cores, it would not bottleneck the GTX 460.
  3. Quote:
    maybe unlock to three cores and give it a voltage boost and see if it stables out.
    if not then give it up..

What voltages should i try bumping up exactly to verify that this won't work for sure?
  4. Start small, act as if you were overclocking but instead of only just raising the volts in very small increments till it is stable or locks up.
  5. It also depends which cores you unlock, if you have the option of selecting which ones to unlock. My 555 will run with 3 but i have to select the correct cores to unlock manually. I just did it to see what it could do i run it everyday with 2 cores.
    I had to bump the voltage a bit to get it stable on the third core but nothing much.

Mactronix :)
  6. Best answer selected by noahhova.
  7. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia Gtx Hardware Bottleneck Graphics