Trouble with power

minotrr

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2011
Hi, my computer was built between 3 people which includes myself (I'm a novice.) and I will not be able to see those other two people again.

Anyway, I have to turn my computer off always using the switch on the back or the bright lights (its see through) inside and out will not turn off.

Also when I restart my computer 95% of the time, it starts to reboot for a second and fails.

And last but not least... for a few months now when my computer turns on it, it makes horrible noises and the fans sound extremely loud etc, like its struggling, and then when it fully boots its fine..

I really have no idea how to fix this, as I didn't put this part together..

Thanks!

Hello minotrr;

'makes horrible noises' isn't too technical. Can you be more specific? Like... what part is making the noise? You should be able to narrow it down for us.

The 'restart 95% fails' did that start when the system was first built? What does happen after the fail?

minotrr

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2011
I'm not sure but it sounds like crackling, and also the fans speed up extremely, extremely fast, sometimes it sounds like something is stuck in them, but if that were the case it wouldn't quiet down when the OS is loaded.

I'm not positive when the restart failing started, it may have always been there. When it fails to reboot the fans stop but the lights in the computer still stay on, so I have to reswitch the power button on the back of the case

I sort of need a new case since one of the locks for the panel broke off easily.. But its huge.. Like 9 inches wide 2 feet long and 2 feet tall and costly, and believe it or not, theres not much space left in it to add anything else.

minotrr

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2011
In regards to the lights, I didn't realize how bright they can be if you choose to have them. One of the fans has them built in as well as the case, so I'm not sure I can turn them off.

minotrr

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2011
Well no it does not come from them, that is a separate issue I am having actually and is a problem with my monitor. The computer is down on the floor and the monitor is about 3 feet up high on the wall.

minotrr

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2011
I still haven't been able to look for it as of yet, but I can add some more info for now. Right when the computer is switched on the fans go into "hyper mode" It sounds almost like a saw or something..Its very loud and annoying. Also along with the fans sounds of loud wooshing air.. When the windows is loading screen appears the fans go slower and stops making that noise as much and when the login screen appears any noise is barely noticeable.

minotrr

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2011
I don't recall this happening before, but I had just shut down my computer through the start menu and press the normal button to power it on and it just worked fine, the fans were quiet and no noticeable noise. Another thing to mention is if the computer is turned off from the switched in the back and I turn it on, it turns the computer on without me touching the power button, I'm not sure it should do that..