Status
Not open for further replies.

venur

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2011
Canada usualy using Newegg.ca or NCIX.com

I'm a gamer with high gaming needs starting to build a new PC. I plan to get about 8G of RAM because I do quite a bit of multitasking while gaming.

I'm trying to find suitable RAM for my future build I plan to go with an i5-2500k and starting to experiment some overclocking. If its mather I'll go with a good gaming mobo alowing overclocking and 3 crossfire GPU.

Most mobo have 4memory slot only but I,ve found quite a deal for 6x 2G 1600: http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145235

A friend fo mine told me to buy the cheapest 1333 that I could find if it is for a gamer PC what would you guys reccomand ? 1333 or 1600 ?

Solution
D
Sandy Bridge CPUs do best with 1.5v DDR3 1600 cas 9. I would get 2 x 4GB sticks of GSkill Ripjaws X or Corsair Vengance whatever is cheaper. The GSkill has lower heat spreaders and will fit better under large air coolers if you are adding one to overclock. 8 GB if fine for an all around/gaming build but if you use Photoshop or do alot of video editing then you might want to consider 16 GB.
D

Deleted member 217926

Sandy Bridge CPUs do best with 1.5v DDR3 1600 cas 9. I would get 2 x 4GB sticks of GSkill Ripjaws X or Corsair Vengance whatever is cheaper. The GSkill has lower heat spreaders and will fit better under large air coolers if you are adding one to overclock. 8 GB if fine for an all around/gaming build but if you use Photoshop or do alot of video editing then you might want to consider 16 GB.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.