I recently upgraded my graphics card and power supply. Once I fit everything in and booted the computer, I am not getting any signal, not even the bios. the monitor simply says "No Signal". If I disconnect the monitor cable, it says "No cable detected". The specs for the PC are as follows:
Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4P mobo
2GB DDR3x2 Mem
Intel i5 2.77G CPU
EVGA GeForce GTX 460 video card (new)
Power supply http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... (new one)
I dont have access to my old video cards or power supply, but it was a NVidia 8800 series with SLI. I have tried the following steps to resolve this issue:
1. Mobo does not give any beep codes. Successful boot should give 1 short beep. It does not give any beep indicating success or failure
2. Removed Mem, HDD, Graphics card in that order and booted. Still no beep codes.
3. Put graphics card in friend's machine and it works fine.
4. Disconnect and reseated everything including the CPU. Still no display or beep codes
5. Cleared Bios by jumping the nodes and removing battery. Still no change.
6. When I power up the PC, the CPU fans, graphic card fans start. The mobo LED for CPU loading lights up.
I suspect that your mobo is DOA given all of the steps you have performed and still not getting any "beeps". BTW, are you sure you have good connections on both the main PSU (24-pin) and ATX12v/EPS12V (8-pin) connectors? Same goes for the external connection to the GPU? If all are good, time to RMA the mobo, I am afraid.
Yup. The mobo and CPU wont start w/o both the power supplies. Same with the GPU. I have connect both power supplies to the GPU. I did contact the mobo manufacturer and they offered to RMA. waiting for the RMA ticket from them now.
Is the power supply good enough for the GPU since the GPU seems to have some power requirements?