Sign in with
Your question

I7 950 blank no signal screen, no post code beeps help

Last response: in CPUs
May 16, 2011 3:10:47 PM

THERE IS NO POST CODE BEEP AND NO BIOS screen

MY friend has an I7 950 with ASUS P6X58D-E MB so he has been using it for few months now. After installing BitDefender Total Security 2011. He was asked to restart the computer and after restarting his computer won't POST. His Samsung TV screen just says "No Signal" he tried to reassemble the PC parts but still nothing works he replaced the PSU and GPU,switched the RAM and resesetted the BIOS even replaced the CMOS battery, checked for bent pin but still "NO Signal"

He suspects its the cpu because the cpu fan spins and the gt 430 graphic card only draws power from the mobo but the gpu's fan DOES spin
May 16, 2011 5:06:59 PM

ralphguy298 said:
THERE IS NO POST CODE BEEP AND NO BIOS screen

MY friend has an I7 950 with ASUS P6X58D-E MB so he has been using it for few months now. After installing BitDefender Total Security 2011. He was asked to restart the computer and after restarting his computer won't POST. His Samsung TV screen just says "No Signal" he tried to reassemble the PC parts but still nothing works he replaced the PSU and GPU,switched the RAM and resesetted the BIOS even replaced the CMOS battery, checked for bent pin but still "NO Signal"

He suspects its the cpu because the cpu fan spins and the gt 430 graphic card only draws power from the mobo but the gpu's fan DOES spin

By "won't post" you mean you can't get into the BIOS? Or it won't start Windows? If it won't start Windows, a reinstall may do it. If it won't even get to the BIOS, something "fried." I had something similar where the BIOS needed to be upgraded, but you have to get to the Boot up screen.

In another case I bought a cheap replacement CPU to get things going (BIOS flash).
m
l
a b à CPUs
May 16, 2011 5:13:54 PM

so you cant enter the bios?
So have you tried using another monitor?
m
l
Related resources
May 17, 2011 1:03:57 AM

OK this is now me the one who owns the i7, my friend let me use it for now

I tried using a different monitor too and no I cant enter bios, nothing, I cant get a cheap CPU replacement because the cheapest is another 950
m
l
May 17, 2011 1:05:52 AM

BaronMatrix said:
By "won't post" you mean you can't get into the BIOS? Or it won't start Windows? If it won't start Windows, a reinstall may do it. If it won't even get to the BIOS, something "fried." I had something similar where the BIOS needed to be upgraded, but you have to get to the Boot up screen.

In another case I bought a cheap replacement CPU to get things going (BIOS flash).

I dont know how something could possibly be friend because everything was OK until that dreaded restart
m
l
!