DOA Motherboard - Newegg won't replace

jcaron

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2012
I received my Asus P8P67 Pro a couple weeks ago along with some other components for my new build. My problem is that the board arrived with a bent pin. I started an RMA with Newegg only to get an email today stating that I can not be given a replacement because the board is damaged. I spoke with a representative over the phone and was told the same thing. I guess at this point I don't really have any way of proving to Newegg that the damage wasn't caused by user error. What can I do from here? Am I screwed out of $170 plus the $15 it cost to send it back?

I really like Newegg and I've never had a problem with their customer service before, but this is ridiculous. I certainly won't be ordering a replacement from them if I can't get this sorted out.

thegoos3

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2012
I'm really sorry to hear that, check out my thread from about a month ago:

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/304301-30-newegg-ruined-christmas-amazon-saves

Newegg is great for prices and fast delivery, but long story short, I was screwed out of the mobo cost + $15 when I tried to RMA for bent pins from Newegg. I ended up just ordering from Amazon and it was shipped no problem.

For what it's worth, I'd bet if you order the board from Newegg again anyway it would probably turn up perfect. But it's really just a bummer when you're part of the DOA batch that sets you back a couple bills :-\

PreferLinux

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2010
Bent CPU socket pins are not covered under warranty, according to the Asus site, or at least weren't several years ago. So I would say there isn't much you can do – unless you can somehow prove that they were bent when it was first opened, which would be nearly impossible.