Sign in with
Your question

Gigabyte GV-N210D2-1GI ?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 14, 2010 3:34:15 PM

I can not find any reviews on this card, gigabyte GV-N210D2-1GI. And, I don't understand all the specs. This is being proposed in a new I7 build for a home computer. I don't do any serious gaming but do video editing a good bit. What do you think about the suitability of this card. Its relatively cheap price has me concerned I guess. Any others I might consider, why?

Thanks for helping out the less tech savvy!

More about : gigabyte n210d2 1gi

a c 209 U Graphics card
December 14, 2010 3:49:52 PM

There are a couple of user feedback comments on Newegg regarding this GPU (see below). The bottom line is that this is a fairly low-end (by today's standards) GPU and would be suitable for light gaming and general use.

What sort of video editing do you perform and using what application(s)? That would be good to know in order to make recommendations of other GPUs. Also, what is your budget?

Have fun!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
December 14, 2010 4:29:12 PM

Budget is what it takes for decent performance for my applications. Using nero type video programs
Related resources
December 14, 2010 4:38:39 PM

Would a Radeon HD 5670 or a Nvidia GeForce GT for a few more bucks be a more suitable choice?
a c 209 U Graphics card
December 14, 2010 4:38:42 PM

I would suggest you step up to a GTS 450 or so (or higher). While Nero won't take advantage of the additional horsepower, if you changed to some of the more advanced tools (like those from Adobe or others), those apps could off-load some processing requirements from the CPU to the GPU. Think CUDA cores. Stepping up in GPU class also means making sure your power supply (PSU) is up to the task.

Good luck!
a c 209 U Graphics card
December 14, 2010 4:42:45 PM

I assumed since you asked about an Nvidia based GPU, that it was your preference. The HD6850 is a fantastic GPU. I have a HD6870 and I really like it, the HD6850 is nearly as capable.

Where Nvidia excels is with Physx (used in games) and where apps can off-load processing from the CPU to the GPU, such as Adobe's CS5 suite can do. Rendering time can be greatly reduced. ATI/AMD support is in the works, but not there yet.

I am an ATI/AMD fanboy (by admission), but they do lag in specific areas today. Your general area, when certain tools are considered (and Nero is not one of those tools), is one such area.

Good luck!
December 14, 2010 4:47:42 PM

How about noise and heat, are these issues to consider
a c 209 U Graphics card
December 14, 2010 4:50:03 PM

toddreg said:
How about noise and heat, are these issues to consider

Sure, these are considerations. However, all of the cards we have been discussing are fairly quiet. You won't generate any excess noise unless you overclock the cards.

What make/model of PSU do you have? That will impact (potentially) which GPU you can go with wihout upgrading it as well.
December 14, 2010 5:07:33 PM

this is a new build
December 14, 2010 5:33:11 PM

I prefer a Nvedia card but need to be in the $100-$125 range
!