Sign in with
Your question
Solved

What do you guys think?

Last response: in Components
May 16, 2011 6:14:03 PM

Looking to get some general opinions on this case?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

More about : guys

a b ) Power supply
May 16, 2011 6:15:03 PM

ugly and expensive.Its personal taste however i find it revolting.

My opinion or any other forum members opinion shouldnt matter.What is best is that you like it.
a c 104 ) Power supply
May 16, 2011 6:26:15 PM

I would buy one if a client wanted one modding,
I wouldn't buy one and mod it on spec, and hope it sold
I wouldn't have one myself
Maybe if TT had made it in alloy or even stainless I'd have looked at it, but I just see Fisherprice 'My first gaming rig'
Sorry TT design and marketing guys.....

Moto
Related resources
May 16, 2011 6:27:07 PM

Well im trying to find something spacious to move my parts of existing pc into if you have suggestions please post =) thanks.

Also good cable management and ability to have a liquid cooling system are ++.

a c 104 ) Power supply
May 16, 2011 6:30:19 PM

List your gear and I'm sure people can chuck more useful input in :) 
what case are you moving from btw?
any restrictions in situ? cats,kids etc?
oh, and preferences, colour,lights fans etc
Moto
May 16, 2011 6:49:54 PM

matx? im not sure what that is. Also in the near future i plan to upgrade the rest of the parts, excluding what i dont have to, id like to get a monther board that supports usb 3.0 i think im fine with that processor but im not sure, i welcome all input if you can suggest wats good to keep and what to drop from that computer.
May 16, 2011 7:00:52 PM

What about the upgrading? is it good as is with the upgraded mother board? but as i mentioned id like usb 3.0 and maybe a better processor? also liquid cooling would be a + im not too sure, just getting into this stuff really. I got a job as a IT manager and i have no experience outside a few highschool classes and i realized i like tinkering around and building cps more than fixing errors people cause all day and messing around with them ^.^

Think ive fallen in love with this case:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

"List your gear and I'm sure people can chuck more useful input in :) 
what case are you moving from btw?
any restrictions in situ? cats,kids etc?
oh, and preferences, colour,lights fans etc
Moto"

and to the above post i quoted, well i have a daughter but my comp is in my office that she isnt allowed into. Same with our one cat =p
colors id like to have a variety of choices, but i like the black color of the case i posted a link to above, lights: think id like to have some in there also. and for the fans im not sure what ever is best.

Best solution

a c 104 ) Power supply
May 16, 2011 7:15:23 PM

That chip is going to last you 2-3 years so no issues with that,
reason I asked about kids/pets is pethair getting into the rig, and pets and kids both like to poke things around, especially whirry lighted things :p 
The corsair case has plenty of option for cooling, including W/c if you decide to go that way I dont think you'll need any extra fans just yet but theres space for them
and if you want to personalise it some,lightbars etc
just google casemods :p 
I wouldn't worry too much about usb 3.0 at the moment though, wait unitl its more mainstream before thinking about swapping your board out just for that
and watercooling, hell, thats a big desire for a guy thats new to tinkering, best bet there is do some research on it, and I mean a lot, you really need to be switched on to get into that :p 
Moto
May 16, 2011 7:31:15 PM

Heh thanks, so the hardware i have now will last me a while you suppose? that corsair case looks so bad ass.
a b ) Power supply
May 16, 2011 7:38:16 PM

theone1223 said:
Heh thanks, so the hardware i have now will last me a while you suppose? that corsair case looks so bad ass.

It should last you for a good 2 years.You have checked the link i gave you below the two pics?

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/305016-28-case-faceof...

You should get a kind of idea how Obsidian is like.

Quote:
Great contributions everyone, though frankly, I'm still torn. The poll, FWIW, is evenly split.
I gather that Raven is superior in cooling and quiet. Corsair has the lead in cable mgt, build quality, USB 3.0.
Is that a fair summary?
May 16, 2011 7:40:26 PM

Yeah thank you. i love that case =))
a b ) Power supply
May 16, 2011 7:40:36 PM

and water cooling is difficult to maintain I suggest you really take alot of time and extensively read about water cooling.
Moto's last post should be properly read.It would give you a brief guide line.
a c 91 ) Power supply
May 16, 2011 7:42:59 PM

I see the price of the Level 10 has gone down quite a bit.. Not bad.. Its a nice collectible.. For a case, there are better options though.. The best being the Silverstone Fortress FT02 of course..
a b ) Power supply
May 16, 2011 7:45:20 PM

BTW Moto is smarter than me. :D 
May 16, 2011 7:51:59 PM

Best answer selected by ThEoNe1223.
!