Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Hardware Virtualization with Z68 chipset

Last response: in Motherboards
January 17, 2012 6:44:03 AM

Anyone knows if there is an issue with Z68 chipset and hardware Virtualization?
I got a new Assus P8Z68-v LX (lga 1155) and an Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600K

I need to run VMware guest 64bir OS but it tells me to Enabale VT an disable trusted execution in BIOS
I did not see any option for this in the setup.

I am about to replace this MB
Can anyone recomend a 1155 mother board with 2 PCIe 16 slots (yes 2 video cards )

Thx

Best solution

January 17, 2012 8:32:46 AM

ofergal said:
Anyone knows if there is an issue with Z68 chipset and hardware Virtualization?
I got a new Assus P8Z68-v LX (lga 1155) and an Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600K

I need to run VMware guest 64bir OS but it tells me to Enabale VT an disable trusted execution in BIOS
I did not see any option for this in the setup.

I am about to replace this MB
Can anyone recomend a 1155 mother board with 2 PCIe 16 slots (yes 2 video cards )

Thx

Link: Compare Intel® Products

Check the "Advanced Technologies" rows.

Intel® vPro Technology, Intel® Virtualization Technology for Directed I/O (VT-d) and Intel® Trusted Execution Technology

I don't really undestand the VM universe, but these technologies only exists in i7-2600, don't exist in i7-2600k, maybe you should change the cpu too?
Since you undestand a little bit of this universe could you explain a bit to me if one of these technologies would help you?
Related resources
January 17, 2012 12:53:10 PM

I do a lot of SharePoint development and it comes in all kinds of flavors so I need to have several test machines. Using virtual Machines, allows me to have a test machine for each environment the customer has on the project I work at a time.
The issue is that SharePoint must run on 64Bit OS.
Realizing that the processor I bought will not do it is frightening I don't think Tiger Direct will Take back the processor :-)
I have one virtual Machine of 32Bit OS and it does work.

Thanks for the reply.
Score
January 24, 2012 8:18:04 AM

Best answer selected by ofergal.
Score
January 24, 2012 8:19:33 AM

vitornob said:
Link: Compare Intel® Products

Check the "Advanced Technologies" rows.

Intel® vPro Technology, Intel® Virtualization Technology for Directed I/O (VT-d) and Intel® Trusted Execution Technology

I don't really undestand the VM universe, but these technologies only exists in i7-2600, don't exist in i7-2600k, maybe you should change the cpu too?
Since you undestand a little bit of this universe could you explain a bit to me if one of these technologies would help you?

I replaced the CPU with i7 2600 and it is working now
Score
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 329 V Motherboard
January 24, 2012 9:13:27 AM

This topic has been closed by Nikorr
Score
!