How Many mines and smelter before losing growth ?

How many do you suggest on a HW

for best growth ?

is 50 mine and 10 smelter good ?

i have 2 millions colonist at turn 1 with the empire

and 20 000 $

no structure on planet beside 1 gouvernement center

#2 when they are turned off, is it like if there not on the planet ?

Sparrow

1) Neither mines nor smelter influence growth, they influence
happiness, which then partially (!) influences growth
2) Smelters always have an impact on your happiness. Just seeing them
standing there makes your people unhappy.
3) Mines can be turned off to negate any happiness loss caused by them
4) The obvious answer is 0 smelters and 0 mines for no harm ;-)))
5) You are very fine with 3 Smelters and 12 mines. Mines should never
go up above 50 for non-Borg. Borg should never have more than 100 mines

Most of this is in the documentation. I suggest to read it. ;-)))

where is up to date info for host 193 ?

like on tim site is said 10 farm per turn... wich is not the correct answer.

"Sparrow" <e.kueper@gmx.net> a écrit dans le message de news:
1114165386.188410.138780@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...
> 1) Neither mines nor smelter influence growth, they influence
> happiness, which then partially (!) influences growth
> 2) Smelters always have an impact on your happiness. Just seeing them
> standing there makes your people unhappy.
> 3) Mines can be turned off to negate any happiness loss caused by them
> 4) The obvious answer is 0 smelters and 0 mines for no harm ;-)))
> 5) You are very fine with 3 Smelters and 12 mines. Mines should never
> go up above 50 for non-Borg. Borg should never have more than 100 mines
>
> Most of this is in the documentation. I suggest to read it. ;-)))

in vgap 3

100 mines would mine 100 mineral of duranium with a density of 100

If you say get 12-50 mine per planet

The formula is not the same fro vgap 4.

What would be that formula ?

"Sparrow" <e.kueper@gmx.net> a écrit dans le message de news:
1114165386.188410.138780@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...
> 1) Neither mines nor smelter influence growth, they influence
> happiness, which then partially (!) influences growth
> 2) Smelters always have an impact on your happiness. Just seeing them
> standing there makes your people unhappy.
> 3) Mines can be turned off to negate any happiness loss caused by them
> 4) The obvious answer is 0 smelters and 0 mines for no harm ;-)))
> 5) You are very fine with 3 Smelters and 12 mines. Mines should never
> go up above 50 for non-Borg. Borg should never have more than 100 mines
>
> Most of this is in the documentation. I suggest to read it. ;-)))

Turning off mines / smelters doesn't negate the happiness loss. These
ugly buildings are still causing unhappiness.
You need to call in the EPA to get rid of the mine/smelter unhappiness.

Actually, the 101st mine is just effective for the Borg as the 100th.
The over the limit production squarerooting in that case is: SQRT(1) =
1

The mines / smelters will never cause the Borg happiness problems.

Most races can get by with no smelters whatsoever and use the ore
refineray ship device instead.
No unhappiness for refinery operations if they are in orbit.

Govt center is supposed to increase happiness when on. It also
increases production of crew/troops/HG from the training centers.

I plan to build 5 smelters and 20 mines

I read in the doc on time site that those number will NOT affect my
happiness at all

host 193
Empire player

2 000 000 colonist on HW, planing to build this on HW

<joncnunn@yahoo.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
1114194277.438963.103940@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> Turning off mines / smelters doesn't negate the happiness loss. These
> ugly buildings are still causing unhappiness.
> You need to call in the EPA to get rid of the mine/smelter unhappiness.
>
> Actually, the 101st mine is just effective for the Borg as the 100th.
> The over the limit production squarerooting in that case is: SQRT(1) =
> 1
>
> The mines / smelters will never cause the Borg happiness problems.
>
> Most races can get by with no smelters whatsoever and use the ore
> refineray ship device instead.
> No unhappiness for refinery operations if they are in orbit.
>
> Govt center is supposed to increase happiness when on. It also
> increases production of crew/troops/HG from the training centers.

do not forget that mines will also convert ore to useful minerals the
same way that smelters can (well that I remember) though of course at a
smaller rate than how smelters can do it.