How to Install a graphics card in a Dell N7010

Samrocksnow

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2010
Hello,

My parents just bought a new Dell N7010(17R) with the i3-370(2.4GHz, 4Threads, 3M cache), 6GB of ram, 500GB hard drive but since my mom bought me the computer, she did not look at what the gpu was, which is the crappy intel hd graphics card... go figure. Since i would like to buy a new graphics card in the price range of 200 - 245 USD (I was looking at the GeForce GTX 460 1 GB) i was hopeing that someone would have some insight on how to possibly install the gpu since i have no idea how and have looked around and everyone says that it is difficult even for computer people. If anyone could post a link on how to install the gpu into my laptop it would be EXTREMLY helpful. Also, if anyone has a better suggestion on which gpu i should buy for my laptop (for gaming), please tell me and my budget hasen't changed (200 - 245 USD). Thank you for anyone who helps me out with my situation.... sorry to sound like an idiot, i don't know much about opening computers and dont want to break anything because me parents would kill me.

ShadowRock

Honorable
Jun 19, 2012

It sounds pretty useful, but it sounds like you would need a completely new monitor, mouse, and keyboard. So it might still be in your price range if you get a kind of cheap monitor, mouse, etc.