dalex_dragoon

Distinguished
May 16, 2011
Hello,
I have a working wireless PCI card (linksys WMP600N) that I try to use with a desktop computer. Of course, I'm here because that doesn't work.

The problem is that the concerned PC doesn't get to the POST. The fans spins and lights goes on, no video and no beebs. (It still boots up without the PCI card, and the card still work in another PC).

Linksys support did no good. They however pointed that maybe it was a IRQ issue.

Can someone help me ?
Thanks

dalex_dragoon

Distinguished
May 16, 2011
Just to let you know.
I've been able to install a PCI TV-Tuner card and a PCI Line in (phone cable) and the computer still boot. The problem seems to appear only with the wireless card.
Yet again, the wireless card still work in another pc.
Gosh... That card is a b_tch.

dalex_dragoon

Distinguished
May 16, 2011
Sooo.... I've manage to get a old wireless g card from a good friend so that I could try it in the pc. It worked like a charm!
Is my card incompatible with the pc or is the pc incompatible with the card ?
Anyway, I'm still interested if you have an idea of what is causing the troubles.

dalex_dragoon

Distinguished
May 16, 2011

Yeah, a b/g card work when my n one is not.
Is this the only solution: to replace the card for a b/g one ?

millsj2

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2011
I'm having a similar issue. I have a PCI-E adapter and a airport pci-e card that I put in my computer, it causes a continuous boot/reboot. The lights will turn on, beep once, HDDs spin... 2 seconds in, it will reboot and start the process over, never posts.

I can take the card out and it will boot up fine.