Hello all! Upgrading a couple things on my only 6 month old computer, hehe, couldn't help myself!
I put together a new rig a few months ago, but when i purchased parts, i had intentions on adding a few things in the near future, and that time has come
My current specs are listed below, followed by the upgrades sitting in neweggs cart, waiting for a graphic card to be picked out and everything ordered tomorrow. Just need a bit of help on a graphic card. Currently using a XFX Radeon HD 5670 512MB 128-bit DDR5, but would like to up it to something a bit beefier. Would just throw another in if this supported a crossfire bridge, but unfortunately only supports hybrid.
My uses are simple: Heavy photoshop cs5 useage (high res photo editing, web layouts, batch processes, etc), flash cs5 development, and moderate to heavy gaming. I am working off a 46" samsung 1080p 120hz LCD tv.
I guess a big question I have is, does photoshop see much of a difference between 128-bit and 256-bit?
Here are a few cards i'm looking at. If anyone has any other suggestions for under 175, i'd much appreciate it!
• AMD Phenom II X6 1055T Thuban 2.8GHz Hexa-Core CPU
• 4GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 G.SKILL Ripjaws Series
• ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 AM3 AMD 890GX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0
• XFX Radeon HD 5670 512MB 128-bit DDR5
• Western Digital Caviar Black 640GB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s
• HP Blu-ray BD-R DL DVD Burner
• Lite-On 24X DL DVD Burner w/ LightScribe
• XCLIO A380COLOR - 256 Color Changing LED Full Tower
• Cooler Master Hyper 212 CPU Cooler
• Sunbeam 780W ATX 12V 2.3 Modular Active PFC Power Supply
• Genuine Windows 7 Pro 64-Bit System Builder OEM
• 46” HD 1080p 120hz Samsung LCD TV via HDMI
I would def go with the 6850 it is a great value, If you don't like that go for a gtx 460 but I would personally stay away from the se version as it seems to consistently underperform the full 460, although it is priced appropriatley. Overall I would say 6850 but depending on if you like nvidias or amds features you should choose between that and a gtx 460 1 gig. Both cards are about the same pricepoint but recently I have seen some good sub 190 deals for the 6850 on newegg and I sure the 460s are in a +- 10 dollar ballpark from there.