Sign in with
Your question

ASUS P8P67 or Intel BOXDZ68BC

Last response: in Motherboards
January 17, 2012 5:55:25 PM

Thread name pretty much explains it. I'm mainly going to use this build for gaming and i have 8 gb of ram and i 2500k proccesor
Links
Intel
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
Asus
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
a b V Motherboard
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 278 4 Gaming
a b å Intel
January 17, 2012 6:28:09 PM

I'd say go with the Asus - the Intel boards lack a lot of features (like UEFI and 3TB hard drive support) and aren't able to support the highest memory speeds around.
m
l
January 17, 2012 7:52:58 PM

Hi

The Intel board DOES have UEFI.

http://download.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/...

See p 3

Hmm, sorry, I cannot find max hard drive size for the Intel board, but, I doubt it is different from the Asus.

The Intel board gets rave reviews at Newegg--but fewer people have bought that mobo versus the Asus board. The negative review for the Intel board is weak: complaining about the blue skull? OK....

You cannot go wrong with either, actually. Note that the Asus has two RJ45 internet connections. Both use Intel ethernet chips, which I think are the best.

Anyway, I am pretty sure you do not lose anything by getting the Intel board.
m
l
Related resources
January 20, 2012 2:50:09 PM

NXNXN said:

The Intel board gets rave reviews at Newegg--but fewer people have bought that mobo versus the Asus board. The negative review for the Intel board is weak: complaining about the blue skull? OK....

LOL! I noticed that too. A one star review because of the image on the packaging? And it sounds like they passed, didn't even buy it to try it. A truly worthless review.

I'm just about to get the Intel myself. Looking at the Asus reviews, the first one I see is about 2 DOA boards and that right there is enough to make me go back to the Intel.
m
l
a c 75 V Motherboard
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b 4 Gaming
a b å Intel
January 20, 2012 4:39:26 PM

They are both very good boards. Our boards have a strong reputation for being reliable and the Intel® Desktop board DZ68BC is no exception to this rule. Asus generally is known for their enthusiast friendly boards. So as long as you are looking for a reasonable overclock the Intel DZ68BC would be a very good board for you but if you are looking for a little friendlier board that can help you get the maximum overclock then the Asus board might offer a little more for you.

Christian Wood
Intel Enthusiast Team
m
l
January 26, 2012 3:51:15 AM

reliability (one of the most important goals in electronic industry) is found on native INTEL systems made, They are the designers and they are the only one who makes every component perfectly match each other from the nano level, if you want to overclock then definitely you don't care about hanging or overheating, increasing the power consumption to accelerate a system is just a save-bucks stupid concept
Reliable motherboards = INTEL, the others are just pretenders.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
January 26, 2012 1:36:31 PM

I will never buy another asus product again.
m
l
January 29, 2012 5:25:37 PM

I just got my DZ68BC put together and running. I haven't used Asus, so I can't compare, but the board went together easily and has been working fine since the first power-up. Unfortunately this was just a partial upgrade so I'm not using the high-end abilities, but I hope to make use of the SLI and RAID in the future.

I didn't realize the board had LEDs on it (besides the POST) that are supposed to show temp warnings and HDD activity. Unfortunately mine is not an open box so they don't do me any good.
m
l
July 25, 2012 12:06:50 AM

I have the BOXDZ68BC board. Pretty sure everything is good to go except it will not boot. I get three beeps and most of the time error code 15. From what I can figure its a memory problem. First I have 2x4GB sticks that were at 1.65v, then I read 1.5 is standard for this board, so I just tried that, same issue. Some times it wont even stay on to show the code it just flashes and then goes off again and tries again in a few. What could this be?
m
l
September 18, 2012 3:02:18 PM

slayer4229 said:
I have the BOXDZ68BC board. Pretty sure everything is good to go except it will not boot. I get three beeps and most of the time error code 15. From what I can figure its a memory problem. First I have 2x4GB sticks that were at 1.65v, then I read 1.5 is standard for this board, so I just tried that, same issue. Some times it wont even stay on to show the code it just flashes and then goes off again and tries again in a few. What could this be?

Remove all PCI cards and try again, if does not solve the problem, go here (http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-ste...)
m
l
!