Phenom II X6 1100T Black Edition

kenny10188

Distinguished
May 17, 2011
Hello,
I can't seem to find anything that really helped with my issue anywhere. I have very sharp and often drops in FPS in all of my games, when I had my dual core, most of my games ran just fine with a steady FPS, but now since I upgraded I'm getting even worse performance than my Grandma's computer, which is far from high performance.

System info: Phenom II 1100T Black Edition
ASUS M4N98TD EVO Motherboard
8GB DDR3 XMS3 RAM
two 500GB hard drives
750W PSU
two GTS250's in SLI
Running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
The Case is open on one side with a fan blowing at an angle, temperature rarely goes above 75 degrees. if that helps, doesn't seem to do much since it has the same performance no matter the temperature, aside from keeping the fan's noise down.

Uther39

Distinguished

WOW ! Hold on there i feel that is a bit to strong, The X6 1100t is more than capable of playing modern day games at high settings, without bottleknecking, now it may not be the super fast bestest cpu currently available, but its also no slouch.

As for the original problem, what resolutions are you playing at, also you say you have 2 x 250s SLId, now as far as im aware your motherboard does not support SLI but i will check anyway, so i think you are only getting the power of one of your cards in game, which the 250 is by no means a strong gaming card.

ghnader hsmithot

Distinguished

Sorry Uther but i did assume he did have this rig already(250s SLI) and he did state he experience a drop in other words comparing the past to the present.So i thought he said he experienced this after he upgraded the cpu.

Uther39

Distinguished
OK so it does support SLI, the next thing is to check running temps under load and cpu clock frequencies as your cpu may be throttling back if its getting to warm, you can do this with Hardware Monitor running to check load temps, and CPU Z running to check if your CPU is throttling back because of excessive heat, it would also help us alot if you would give us the rest of your system specs, such as Case Make and type, CPU cooler type and your case fans.

ghnader hsmithot

Distinguished

Uther i sent you a pm

lankystreak

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2009
if your cpu goes above 60c then it will throttle back.

grab a decent cooler like the antec kuhler or corsair h50/h70. i have antec kuhler and cpu temps on my 1090t at full load do not go above 42c

Uther39

Distinguished
I have the 1090t OCd to 4ghz, the cooler i use is the BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro, its an excellent cooler, my load temps never exceed 45C.

But remember for a cpu cooler to be effective you need decent case airflow.

My Case and Cooler
IMAG0064.jpg

Decent Case Air flow set up ( FOR REGULAR PC CASES )
CASEVENTILATION.jpg

kenny10188

Distinguished
May 17, 2011
sorry i meant 75F lol yeah 75C would be very bad. and my brand of PSU would be apevia. The The cooling is mainly fans, but the motherboard does have liquid cooling. the CPU itself has the factory cooling unit on it, which came in the box. I am assuming i need a better cooling unit, as performance degrades as time goes on in-game. and I also agree that the two 250's arent very strong either, but i could run crysis on max at 800x600, which is by no means impressive, but with the new CPU i cant even get a stable framerate above 20fps at low. The reason I bought it was to upgrade from my dying dual core, I wasn't expecting miracles, but i also wasn't expecting a performance drop. Hope that answers your questions. Cuz I'm kind of annoyed at the fact that I now lag in left 4 dead 2 -_-

Uther39

Distinguished
OMG 800x600, you must have some kind of temp related throttling issue here, as for your PSU brand ive never heard of it, which is also a bad indication, again more details on your case cooling set up, as above a decent CPU cooler will only run as well as the airflow it gets.

kenny10188

Distinguished
May 17, 2011
I've read about some limitations on the Phenom II series too. but I've no idea how to disable it or if disabling it is even a wise idea. with the case, I used to have one that vented the air from holes on the top and outter side, but I've noticed it wasn't enough so I removed the outter side and put a fan in the back of the computer at an angle to force the warm air outward into my room, where other fans would take it outside the house. Worked before, but i guess not with a more demanding CPU.

kenny10188

Distinguished
May 17, 2011
if you can imagine the ones at an office, its pretty much exactly the same...sad I know, but it it did just fine....before I upgraded T.T; any to recommend? I just got my tax return so im all ears to what you think is the best or most recommended.