Sign in with
Your question

Mouse problems

Last response: in Components
May 17, 2011 6:34:20 PM

I have razor abyssus 1800 dpi mouse,the mouse pointer stops moving i.e stuck in one place checked it on win xp and win 7 cant figure out whats the problem coz only the pointer is stuck while the left and right click works

Its a usb mouse once its in the above state if i dissconnect the usb and reconnect the mouse doesnt power on

i have installed the proper drivers as given in startup guide any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

More about : mouse problems

May 17, 2011 6:50:55 PM

I'd plug in another mouse and see if the problem persists, or plug that mouse into another computer.

I am guessing the mouse is buggered.
m
l
May 18, 2011 7:02:46 AM

Does the mouse function properly on a different system ?
Try to de and re-install all mouse related drivers, can be a buggy driver as well.
Ultimately remove all usb ports / hubs from device manager and let windows re-detect them after a fresh boot.
m
l
Related resources
May 18, 2011 11:38:36 AM

I would try CompTIA's suggestions first. I wouldn't suggest going through removing all the USB ports from device manager UNLESS nothing works in the USB ports.
m
l
May 18, 2011 4:14:08 PM

I tried it on a different system , tried reinstalling drivers,tried new drivers but still no success it still gets stuck even I m starting to guess the mouse may be bugged thanks for the info
m
l
May 18, 2011 4:29:57 PM

Mice are bog standard. If it doesn't work out of the box for basic functions on any machine, the mouse is dead.
m
l
May 24, 2011 5:37:26 PM

it does work flawlessly on mac so guessing there are driver issues though no drivers were installed on mac os cant seem to pin point the problem
m
l
!