Sign in with
Your question

Coolmaster Hyper 212 Problem - Help

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
May 17, 2011 8:53:01 PM

Hello,

Just replaced my Stock CPU fan with a Coolmaster Hyper 212 Plus , now when I turn power on - my computer powers up all lights, fans, etc.. but nothing comes up on screen.... have checked all connections and even connected a spare monitor to test but nothing.

Just prior to me doing this was working fine,

Any suggestions, I’m thinking I should pull off the coolmaster and check the CPU, not sure what I should be looking for?

Was very careful cleaning off the old thermal paste and replacing it with a thin new layer, the fan on the Coolmaster Hyper spins and is seated correctly.

Running a Intel Core I7 2600K
Asus P8P67 Pro Intel P67 Board

Thanks
a b à CPUs
May 18, 2011 6:57:53 AM

Do you get the usual single post beep that the system has been tested and functional ?
Or do you see hard drive activity indicating the system is loading an OS?

m
l
Related resources
a b à CPUs
May 18, 2011 7:14:44 AM

is your 4 pin motherboard power connector plugged in?
m
l
a b à CPUs
May 18, 2011 7:41:33 AM

Did you reseat the CPU after cleaning off the old paste ? if you did look at the motherboard pins. I have my fingers crossed for you.
m
l
a b à CPUs
May 18, 2011 5:44:38 PM

I sure hope it just isnt pulgged in...ouch
m
l
May 24, 2011 1:07:14 AM

Thanks for everyones feedback, i ended up taking off the Hyper 212 Plus,re-installed it and reseated the memory sticks, it booted up but went straight to the Bios screen , no hard drive detected, i checked the connection to the hard drive, looked good, tryed again and booted up all ok!?

Fingers crossed all will be good now.
m
l
!