Need help to choose a motherboard for my Cofig

metallicmaggot

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2012
Hi,

I am making a new PC for myself for the sole purpose of Gaming and watching movies. My config I am considering is here:
Cabinet : Corsair carbide series 400R
PSU : Seasonic 620W power supply
Processor : i5 2500K
Ram : Corsair Vengeance 2*4gb DDR3 1600 MHZ
Graphic Card : Palit GeForce GTX 460 Sonic Platinum,1024 GDDR5
SSD : Crucial 128GB M4 SATA III
Hard Drive : Western Digital Caviar Green 2TB

As I mentioned the most this PC will be used for is gaming (I do not game online, just love to beat levels at the highest difficulty), and I would like to get my games working at close to best resolutions ;) on my 21 inch screen.

Coming back to the actual topic, I am stuck at which motherboard to buy. I am not sure whether to go P67 or Z68. The main use will be gaming, music and movies. Not Lan parties, hardly any online gaming. But then I do not want my Motherboard to be a bottleneck in future upgrades. I need something that has at least 4 SATA III connectors, on board 3.0 headers. I do not care about RAID, I doubt I am ever going to go for SLI, I am pretty content with thMy top choice right now is: Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3R, but I want to spend a little less on the motherboard if that is possible for what I want ;). Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Also if you think the PSU will be enough for this machine? I do not want to spend money on this and realize that I am underpowered or waste money on an overpowered PSU.

Thanks!