Upgrading the GPU in my little packard bell imedia

plasticjesus

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2010
Hi,
About 2 weeks ago I bought a Packard Bell imedia A3523
http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/packard-bell-imedia-a3523-uk-06334667-pdt.html
it came with a GeForce 6150se

I bought a HD4850 for it, not realising I've about as much chance of fitting a labrador in my little computer as I do of fitting my new GPU.

Good enough to play dawn of war 2 would be nice.

Or do accept it was a bad buy, salvage what I can from this system along with the GPU (and the Corsair GS 600 600W PSU I have too) and build a new proper sized computer?

The card won't fit into your case, right?
Well, there's nothing you can do about it, maybe sell that card and get a proper card that would fit into your case...
maybe your case only accept low profile card(single slot), like HD5570 or any other low profile cards...

plasticjesus

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2010
I'm not sure what I want to do with it yet. What's a good low profile card? Maybe I'll just put one of those in.
I don't think the card would even fit on my motherboard, there's some large components just beside the PCI slot that I think get in the way.
So, I might need a new MOBO and case, which might be worth it given I've got a fairly good GPU and PSU? I have replaced a faulty motherboard before so fairly confident I can do it.

Thanks for the replies.

plasticjesus

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2010
I think it's both. Definitely the width is a problem, although that could be fixed with a new case. But I also think it's just too long to go on the mobo.

hmm i'm not sure..i always thought mobo's were all the same they just put it in a low-profile case.

I'm sure someone else can give a better opinion on what should be done...

If you cant find a way then i guess u should just return it and get a low-profile card like the 5570.