Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Host 193 Changes/ bug report / and questions

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
April 24, 2005 3:10:26 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.vgaplanets4 (More info?)

April 15th, 2005

What is new in Host.exe Version 4.000.193

Fixed: Bug in ground combat that was causing less colonists, crew and troops
to be lost then should be.

Fixed: Bad transporter bug that produced large numbers of high guard.

New: Robot Q Tanker can mask the sensor image of Robot ships within 100 LY,
giving them a sesor image of only 5

New: Robots can cloak mines

New: Colonists on Colony of Man ships produce an income of 200mc per 100000
colonists.

New: All races can sweep cloaked mines with a 25% success rate

New: Base ION Cannons only work when the shield is turned off

New: Ships with a hull mass over 690 have improved PD systems, ships with a
hull mass over 1200 have an improved PD system and ships with a hull mass
over 1800 have an even better PD system

New: Figher and ship combat logic improved.

Changed: Base ION Cannons use 10 ord per shot

Changed: Minefield power increased, they do more damage when you hit them.

Changed: Glory device will only kill 15,000 worms per blast

Changed: Spice production reduced

Changed: Robot mine sweeping of cloaked mines only works 25% of the time
instead of 100% of the time.

Changed: Energized sand toned down. it does not work 100% of the time
anymore



March 1st, 2005

What is new in Host.exe Version 4.000.189

Fixed: Labor camps over producing credits

Fixed: Labor mines over producing credits

Changed: Colonists in pods have more importance when calculating your number
of resource points. They are now worth about
40% what colonists in a base are worth.
Anonymous
April 24, 2005 3:10:27 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.vgaplanets4 (More info?)

Lord Lancelot wrote:
> New: Robot Q Tanker can mask the sensor image of Robot ships within
100 LY,
> giving them a sesor image of only 5
>
> It does not hide fighters Wings ?

I don't think so. I certainly hope it doesnt.

> Does the Robot Q Tanker, also get the 5 sensor image for HIMSELF too
?

It has sensor image of 5.

> #1 If yes, It make the Robot race a cloaking race don't you think ?

No. Hard to see race, but you should see them coming, then it's just a
matter of sending scout ships in. With enough scanners 5 is as good
as 5000. Think of attacking robot fleet and how it's scanned by the
defender. Q makes the robot defence a more stronger though - which is
something not intented, maybe?

> #2 I think the Robot Q Tanker, should have a regualr image, for
himslef, but
> mask the sensor image of Robot ships within 100 LY, giving them a
sensor
> image of only 5

Could be, could be not. I personally think making the Q visible would
spoil the whole idea. If this proves too strong, remove the whole
thing. And again, it would make the Q's relatively a lot stronger in
defence than in attack.

Last I read there were some bugs in the Q tanker - no idea if they're
fixed.
- Skies
Anonymous
April 24, 2005 3:10:27 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.vgaplanets4 (More info?)

Hmmm... well on Drewheads Beginners luck I only got 10mc per
camp...will c this next turn what I get....host 193..didnt have any
prisoners while using host 189.

Cheers.
ps. the base screen however is predicting 10mc per camp for next turn?.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
April 24, 2005 3:12:31 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.vgaplanets4 (More info?)

many EE player report in host 193

Labor camp is not producing 400% credits, but 100%.


">
>
>
> March 1st, 2005
>
> What is new in Host.exe Version 4.000.189
>
> Fixed: Labor camps over producing credits
>
> Fixed: Labor mines over producing credits
>
>
Anonymous
April 24, 2005 3:20:18 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.vgaplanets4 (More info?)

New: Robot Q Tanker can mask the sensor image of Robot ships within 100 LY,
giving them a sesor image of only 5

It does not hide fighters Wings ?


Does the Robot Q Tanker, also get the 5 sensor image for HIMSELF too ?

#1 If yes, It make the Robot race a cloaking race don't you think ?

#2 I think the Robot Q Tanker, should have a regualr image, for himslef, but
mask the sensor image of Robot ships within 100 LY, giving them a sensor
image of only 5

So you see them NORMALLY on the map, but for each Robot Q Tanker, you see,
your wandering, is he a decoy, or does he hide a huge slow attacking fleet.

I really like option #2



"Lord Lancelot" <lordlancelot@Nospamthankyou.com> a écrit dans le message de
news: vFOae.213$BW6.47744@news20.bellglobal.com...
> April 15th, 2005
>
> What is new in Host.exe Version 4.000.193
>
> Fixed: Bug in ground combat that was causing less colonists, crew and
> troops to be lost then should be.
>
> Fixed: Bad transporter bug that produced large numbers of high guard.
>
> New: Robot Q Tanker can mask the sensor image of Robot ships within 100
> LY, giving them a sesor image of only 5
>
> New: Robots can cloak mines
>
> New: Colonists on Colony of Man ships produce an income of 200mc per
> 100000 colonists.
>
> New: All races can sweep cloaked mines with a 25% success rate
>
> New: Base ION Cannons only work when the shield is turned off
>
> New: Ships with a hull mass over 690 have improved PD systems, ships with
> a hull mass over 1200 have an improved PD system and ships with a hull
> mass over 1800 have an even better PD system
>
> New: Figher and ship combat logic improved.
>
> Changed: Base ION Cannons use 10 ord per shot
>
> Changed: Minefield power increased, they do more damage when you hit them.
>
> Changed: Glory device will only kill 15,000 worms per blast
>
> Changed: Spice production reduced
>
> Changed: Robot mine sweeping of cloaked mines only works 25% of the time
> instead of 100% of the time.
>
> Changed: Energized sand toned down. it does not work 100% of the time
> anymore
>
>
>
> March 1st, 2005
>
> What is new in Host.exe Version 4.000.189
>
> Fixed: Labor camps over producing credits
>
> Fixed: Labor mines over producing credits
>
> Changed: Colonists in pods have more importance when calculating your
> number of resource points. They are now worth about
> 40% what colonists in a base are worth.
>
>
April 24, 2005 10:11:54 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.vgaplanets4 (More info?)

Lord Lancelot schrieb:
> many EE player report in host 193
>
> Labor camp is not producing 400% credits, but 100%.
>
>
> ">
>
>>
>>March 1st, 2005
>>
>>What is new in Host.exe Version 4.000.189
>>
>>Fixed: Labor camps over producing credits
>>
>>Fixed: Labor mines over producing credits
>>
>>
>
>
>
I cannot confirm this. Playing as EE under Host 189 the camps are
producing 400%. I also just tested host 193. 100 camps produced 4000MC,
that's 400%.

Michael
April 24, 2005 11:58:52 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.vgaplanets4 (More info?)

LeeSMaz schrieb:
> Hmmm... well on Drewheads Beginners luck I only got 10mc per
> camp...will c this next turn what I get....host 193..didnt have any
> prisoners while using host 189.

Be aware only colonists work. Crew, Troops and HG prisoners do not count.
>
> Cheers.
> ps. the base screen however is predicting 10mc per camp for next turn?.
>
Yes, the prediction of the client is wrong.

Greetings
Michael
Anonymous
April 25, 2005 1:42:38 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.vgaplanets4 (More info?)

Lord Lancelot schrieb:
> New: Robot Q Tanker can mask the sensor image of Robot ships within 100 LY,
> giving them a sesor image of only 5
>
> It does not hide fighters Wings ?

As I understand it no.

> Does the Robot Q Tanker, also get the 5 sensor image for HIMSELF too ?

Read older host changes and you get the answer. Think look at 17x.

> #1 If yes, It make the Robot race a cloaking race don't you think ?

Yes nearly a clooaking race IMO.

Bye-Bye JoSch.
April 25, 2005 3:59:56 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.vgaplanets4 (More info?)

If Tim can fix the Qtanker then they are almost a cloaking race. So
what, lets face it, bot ships were just give aways to any race that has
boarding ability and good troop strength ie borg,birds,stromers,EE just
to name a few, given the cost to make a bot ship and how easy it is to
take said ship, they needed something, the feds who could make a good 3
to 5 ships on the cost of a good bot ship was made immune to boarding.
Ask yourself why, because they were easy prey. Tim has gone the route
of semi cloak can't board what you can't see. Plus if you make the
Qtanker visible all you are asking for is all races with a semi cloak,
I'd go after it no matter what race I played and if I can see it so
much the better.
April 25, 2005 6:34:37 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.vgaplanets4 (More info?)

How would Self-destruct prevent boarding? You don't want to regularily
blow those ships up, do you?
April 25, 2005 6:47:26 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.vgaplanets4 (More info?)

You have to set self destruct to work. So it doesn't keep the ship from
being captured. I also forgot to mention the bots slow speed except one
ship goes 120ly, results in a situation in which long before those 5
Qtankers came into range of any enemy planets a race like say the
stormers has already boarded most of them and now has a very good idea,
if said stormer doesn't see the fleet already, which qtanker is hiding
it. The bots need this. Ships are expensive, slow and only ok in
combat. I say ok because when you compair them to other races you find
most bot ships are lacking.
Anonymous
April 25, 2005 7:18:28 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.vgaplanets4 (More info?)

Good point!

I had no idea Robot ship, where so easy to board..
(I''m very new to Vgap 4)

"redherring" <redherring25@aol.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
1114412396.347668.61990@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
> If Tim can fix the Qtanker then they are almost a cloaking race. So
> what, lets face it, bot ships were just give aways to any race that has
> boarding ability and good troop strength ie borg,birds,stromers,EE just
> to name a few, given the cost to make a bot ship and how easy it is to
> take said ship, they needed something, the feds who could make a good 3
> to 5 ships on the cost of a good bot ship was made immune to boarding.
> Ask yourself why, because they were easy prey. Tim has gone the route
> of semi cloak can't board what you can't see. Plus if you make the
> Qtanker visible all you are asking for is all races with a semi cloak,
> I'd go after it no matter what race I played and if I can see it so
> much the better.
>
Anonymous
April 25, 2005 7:30:02 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.vgaplanets4 (More info?)

I still dont like to much the idea of the Robot as a semi- cloak race

Leave the Q tanker visible, no image reduction
give it a SELF DESTRUCT DEVICE
so none both Robot can have it.

Robot can protect their ship from boarding with a Q Tanker, and can make
some very new tactic, of scaring ans enemy,

what do you do if you see 5 q tanker , all along your border vs the robot,
advancing forward vs your empire, with one do you send your fleet to ?
or do you spread your fleet for the 5 q tanknet ?

I really loved the robot in vgap 3, won so many games with them, I really
look forward to play them in Vgap 4

As I Cylon (Robot) Fan, and future Cylon player in vgap 4, I would prefer
having a self destruct device on the Q-Tanker(immune to capture from other
races), and make it visible, normal like all ship, but keep is masking
sensor for other ships...

(For those who played Starcraft years ago... Like a Protoss Arbiter, who was
visible, but was cloaking any other unit at the same point as him.)


"Lord Lancelot" <lordlancelot@Nospamthankyou.com> a écrit dans le message de
news: 1R0be.736$BW6.271556@news20.bellglobal.com...
>
>
> Good point!
>
> I had no idea Robot ship, where so easy to board..
> (I''m very new to Vgap 4)
>
> "redherring" <redherring25@aol.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
> 1114412396.347668.61990@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
>> If Tim can fix the Qtanker then they are almost a cloaking race. So
>> what, lets face it, bot ships were just give aways to any race that has
>> boarding ability and good troop strength ie borg,birds,stromers,EE just
>> to name a few, given the cost to make a bot ship and how easy it is to
>> take said ship, they needed something, the feds who could make a good 3
>> to 5 ships on the cost of a good bot ship was made immune to boarding.
>> Ask yourself why, because they were easy prey. Tim has gone the route
>> of semi cloak can't board what you can't see. Plus if you make the
>> Qtanker visible all you are asking for is all races with a semi cloak,
>> I'd go after it no matter what race I played and if I can see it so
>> much the better.
>>
>
>
April 25, 2005 7:41:14 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.vgaplanets4 (More info?)

You miss the point if all you have to do is kill the Qtanker which can
be seen you don't have a semi cloaked fleet. So why bother. Which I
think is the point you are trying to make. Got it.
Anonymous
April 25, 2005 9:57:46 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.vgaplanets4 (More info?)

The Q Tanker cannot be easily "reproduced". No Robot ship can.

I agree that the ability should only effect Robot ships.

Whether it should only effect Robot hulls is another debate.
April 25, 2005 9:58:34 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.vgaplanets4 (More info?)

Not if you board it. Then that fleet set to escort kill the qtanker.
Before you respond play the game and play the bots without the qtanker
and watch and learn how useless all your stuff is.
Anonymous
April 25, 2005 10:09:53 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.vgaplanets4 (More info?)

Ther is no device that make a specific ship immune to boarding ?

Preventing other race to capture the Q tanker ?

About making the Q tanker like the Privateer MBr ?

if someone else than the robot have a Q tanker, the robot regain control of
it.


"redherring" <redherring25@aol.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
1114422446.654437.327230@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> You have to set self destruct to work. So it doesn't keep the ship from
> being captured. I also forgot to mention the bots slow speed except one
> ship goes 120ly, results in a situation in which long before those 5
> Qtankers came into range of any enemy planets a race like say the
> stormers has already boarded most of them and now has a very good idea,
> if said stormer doesn't see the fleet already, which qtanker is hiding
> it. The bots need this. Ships are expensive, slow and only ok in
> combat. I say ok because when you compair them to other races you find
> most bot ships are lacking.
>
Anonymous
April 25, 2005 10:47:37 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.vgaplanets4 (More info?)

killing a qtanker with an escort near him , will be suicide for the ship who
try to kill it (If their a fleet near him)

And making the Q tanker special ability to almost cloak a fleet, A ROBOT
only thing is good IMO.

Because Tim try to make them a bit stronger, but let not make all races
stronger, by making the Q, a ship that can be easily captured, and
reproduced, so all race have ships with 5 sensor image

"redherring" <redherring25@aol.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
1114425674.785125.274820@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...
>
> You miss the point if all you have to do is kill the Qtanker which can
> be seen you don't have a semi cloaked fleet. So why bother. Which I
> think is the point you are trying to make. Got it.
>
April 25, 2005 2:34:10 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.vgaplanets4 (More info?)

redherring wrote:
> If Tim can fix the Qtanker then they are almost a cloaking race.

Nope they would still not be a cloaking race. The only time this really
helps is, when the enemy does not have many ships and in the beginning
of a game.
Consider the equotation PO = ((PW * SP *(SR - DX) / SR) * 100 ),
where PO is the percentage odds, pw is 1/40 (pulse timing width), let
(SR -DX) /SR be 10 percent (which actually donates the range factor in
the scanning, for detail look at the sensor help file) and SP is the
profile of the Q-Tanker (or any other bot ship whithin 100 ly range).
Lets further assume that the ship which tries to scan the Q-Tanker gets
all 40 chances to scan it (since we assume it is the whole turn in
range). The chance to not have the q-tanker or any other object (which
is masked by the q-tanker) shown up as unknown contact is 60 %,
since
po= ( 0.025 *5 * 0.1 *100)=1.25 %
p= (1- po/100)^40* 100=60.46 %, where p is the chance to not scan the
object during the turn - no more.
10 ships and the chance is below 1 %. The chances to have it not
identified are not much better, since the only difference in the
equotation is in the po, which in that case would only be 0.6125 %
(half the chance)...


> So
> what, lets face it, bot ships were just give aways to any race that
has
> boarding ability and good troop strength ie borg,birds,stromers,EE
just
> to name a few,

Why do I not totally agree with that statement?
Maybe because you are exaggerating, and not only a little bit...

> given the cost to make a bot ship and how easy it is to
> take said ship, they needed something, the feds who could make a good
3
> to 5 ships on the cost of a good bot ship was made immune to
boarding.
> Ask yourself why, because they were easy prey.

Yes, but they were easy prey, because of the small crew quarters and
the low guest quarters. And the guest quarters and the crew sizes of
the bot ships
are actually not that small - granted the combat values are worse, but
that does not make such a big difference. At least if all the small
little mistakes which were in the code are now no longer in it.

> Tim has gone the route
> of semi cloak can't board what you can't see.

Now that is again something I doubt - at least if that statement is
meant in the most obvious way. If you have the scan of a ship and then
try to board it in the following turn, it does absolutly not matter if
the ship is then again fully cloaked or not (and would show up as scan
data in the following turn), boarding is possible - and I doubt that
this has been changed.
Anonymous
April 25, 2005 10:27:02 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.vgaplanets4 (More info?)

Lord Lancelot schrieb:
> killing a qtanker with an escort near him , will be suicide for the ship who
> try to kill it (If their a fleet near him)
>
> And making the Q tanker special ability to almost cloak a fleet, A ROBOT
> only thing is good IMO.
>
> Because Tim try to make them a bit stronger, but let not make all races
> stronger, by making the Q, a ship that can be easily captured, and
> reproduced, so all race have ships with 5 sensor image
>
> "redherring" <redherring25@aol.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
> 1114425674.785125.274820@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...
>
>>You miss the point if all you have to do is kill the Qtanker which can
>>be seen you don't have a semi cloaked fleet. So why bother. Which I
>>think is the point you are trying to make. Got it.

What do you write or can you not read the changes on Tims Site ?
There is written about the QTanker "Robot Q Tanker can mask the sensor
image of Robot ships within 100 LY, giving them a sesor image of only 5".
There is written Robot ships and not Bird ships if Bird baord one and
not Stormers and so on, only Robot.
What often is not clear for me, if it means all ship whoes owner is a
Robot or only all ship from Robo design. But he cloake not other races
ship in other races hands.
So not all races can mask their ship. And reproduce of Robo ships don't
work as only Robos can build Robo ships.

And a little hint to you RTFM or RTFD here and maybe raceguides.

Bye-Bye JoSch.
Anonymous
April 26, 2005 11:05:48 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.vgaplanets4 (More info?)

Ok...this turn labour camps produced lots of credits...so I dont know
and judging by the large amounts of credits this turn it doesnt
matter..EE once they r on a roll winning battle and getting prisoners
just become bigger and stronger.

Was roughly 400% credits production this turn....

So this is not an issue...sorry for the earlier report.

Cheers.
Emperor Leeroy getting filthy rich.
Anonymous
April 26, 2005 5:22:49 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.vgaplanets4 (More info?)

And a few of us just pay attention and are capable of assessing the
races strengths (few) and weakneses (many).
Anonymous
April 26, 2005 11:57:59 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.vgaplanets4 (More info?)

Nameless schrieb:

> The bots have actually only one problem and these problems have also
> quiet a few
> other races. And that is because of the little difference in mobility
> and the advantage of hyp movement above warp movement...
>
> And last but not least, I am seeing someone claiming that the bots are
> weak, eventhough from what I have heard from him, he does not even now
> know how to play them.

Agree.
Have the feeling, that the most which call the Robos weak and want
changes are not know how to play them and if the lose they say the races
is to weak instead of looking of their gameplay / strategy / tactic or
look at the settings and map before picking the race.

Bye-Bye JoSch.
April 27, 2005 7:20:24 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.vgaplanets4 (More info?)

Well I pretty much see this discussion as ended, since my last post did
not get displayed here (if anybody finds that other posts and put it
where it belongs it would be different).
And then it comes usually not done to number of weaknesses vs number of
strengthes if a race is strong or not, but also the quality of the
strengthes/weaknesses and how they interact.

ron_nac@yahoo.com wrote:
> And a few of us just pay attention and are capable of assessing the
> races strengths (few) and weakneses (many).
!