Illusion_83

Distinguished
May 26, 2011
I just finished building my first computer and I can't get anything to show up on the screen. When I power the system on, everything starts for a few seconds then it shuts down and starts up again which I guess is a double boot? When it comes back up it stays on and the fans spin but there is nothing on the monitor and the DRAM_LED light stays lit with '2e' on the LED display. According to the manual, '2e' means memory initializing but it never gets past this stage. I have tried pushing the MemOk! button which just makes the light blink and the system restart but then it just goes back to a solid red light and '2e' and a blank monitor. I have also tried reseating the RAM in different slots and tried just one stick but same thing happens. I tried taking all the RAM out and starting the computer, then it beeps like crazy and displays 22 (no memory), then 55 on the LED display. Does that mean it's most likely my RAM or MoBo?

I am using the Asus P8P67 Deluxe and Corsair Vengeance RAM.

Illusion_83

Distinguished
May 26, 2011

I don't hear any beeps when I turn it on. It just beeped when I had the memory out which I guess is right. I'm using an Intel 2500k CPU.

But if it was overheating wouldn't it stay off? I mean once it restarts it stays on just with the DRAM_LED on.