Sign in with
Your question

Upgrade or build a new pc?

Last response: in Systems
February 15, 2011 8:18:34 PM

Hi, I have never modified my pc since I bought it and had never built one, but I tought it was the right time to upgrade or maybe build a new one buying the parts at www.neweeg.com

Anyways my pc is this one: http://www.amazon.com/HP-Pavilion-M8530F-Desktop-Proces...
Here is a quick rundown:
5 gb of ram
750 gb of hard drive
Amd Phenom X4 9550 Quad Core
Geforce 9300 GE
And a Hp w2207h monitor

A friend of mine wants to buy my pc for 650 US dollars, so what should I do, should I sell it to him and build a pc from scratch or upgrade my current pc, I would prefer building a new one but I need advice of someone who can make a build for me, I can afford around $1300 without tax for everything including monitor and accesories, any advice would be highly appreciated. The main thing im going to do in this pc is gaming.
Thank you

More about : upgrade build

February 15, 2011 8:35:49 PM

Sell it and build your own. Might want to wait for the Sandy bridge chip. Are you wanting a list of parts or someone to build you one?
February 16, 2011 1:33:18 AM

christop said:
Sell it and build your own. Might want to wait for the Sandy bridge chip. Are you wanting a list of parts or someone to build you one?

I already have someone to build it for me, I wanted a list of parts so I could buy them and give them to him, thanks for your time.
Related resources
February 16, 2011 2:33:21 AM

O.o You could look at my builds for 1000$, check that out. It'll fit your budget just nicely. As for selling it or not. You should. That's actually a really good price. Especially since that tech is really old now.
February 16, 2011 7:30:45 PM

aznshinobi said:
O.o You could look at my builds for 1000$, check that out. It'll fit your budget just nicely. As for selling it or not. You should. That's actually a really good price. Especially since that tech is really old now.

I like your build but what about sandy bridge I can wait up until they are out to build my pc any other build would be highly appreciated
February 16, 2011 10:04:46 PM

Why thank you :) 
February 17, 2011 11:05:33 PM

batuchka said:
Quote:
The main thing im going to do in this pc is gaming.

No render, encode, video edit this would be an excellent starting point then

Toms USD $500 Dec 2010 SBM
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/build-a-pc-overcloc...

Thank you but I have around $1300 usd dollars budget so I dont think I would buy that
February 18, 2011 2:21:24 PM

Haha well How does my 1K build look?
February 19, 2011 10:50:10 AM

I am shocked that someone would buy that computer for $650. $200 is a little bit of a stretch for what someone should possibly pay for that.
!