Sign in with
Your question

Asrock 890GX Extreme3 'asrock 1394 guid are invalid'

Last response: in Motherboards
January 18, 2012 9:39:52 PM

Hi

I have been using Asrock 890GX Extreme3 for a while and was working perfectly until I decided to update bios.

Now when it boot it gives message '1394 guid are invalid in both cmos and flash' asks to press F1 to continue but when I press F1 nothing happens. It just get stuck. Can not go into BIOS.

I have done CMOS reset and also changes the battery but still same.

I think this is because 1394 is enabled as default BIOS. Can someone please give me backup file with disabled 1394 in BIOS? may be it will work.

May Thanks
January 20, 2012 1:12:12 AM

I have a very similar motherboard. The reason it won't let you into the bios, is because the keyboard you're using isn't being powered. A lot of wireless USB keyboards, and a few wired USB keyboards have that problem. If you're using a wireless, try a wired. If you're already using a wired, try a PS/2 keyboard.
January 21, 2012 11:34:24 AM

Hi

Thanks for your reply! I was using USB keyboard, tried PS/2 keyboard but still no go. It flashes light of the keyboard for a second while booting than stays off. any idea?

Regards
January 23, 2012 8:40:42 PM

Wow, sorry mate. Maybe look through the motherboard manual to see if there are any jumpers to switch around? I can't really think of much else to do. I was having the same problem, but using a wired keyboard fixed it for me.
!