Lose signal and System reboots

pcbuilder89

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2011
Hello,
I have a Xaser VI, Bloomfield Core i7 920, Gskill 12gb (3x4), TC750W PSU, Redeon HD 4890, Asus P6t. My monitors shut off randomly. It just happens whenever it wants, it doesn't matter if the PC is under load or not, whether just booting or after hours of use. When my monitors lose signal the fans all speed up, but the computer stays running until I shut it down. Also when I touch the front panel of my case the computer reboots immediately. I have replaced the front panel on my case and swapped out the ram. I have run cpu, ram, and videocard load tests with no errors. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

pcbuilder89

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2011
Maybe related, may not. Sometimes it will do the shut off monitors and superspeed fans thing when I bump it. Ongoing problem for 2 years, sometimes its worse than others. It can go weeks without doing it, or do it 6 times in a day, whether I touch the PC or not.

pcbuilder89

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2011

Thanks for the suggestion. I have tried plugging my pc into 3 different outlets. Also it has done this at 3 different houses. My monitors are also on the same outlet and they still work.