ASUS GTX 580 fit onto P5K?

I purchased an ASUS gtx 580 card...but it did not seem to fit onto my ASUS P5K Mobo...hits the SATA connections...any remedy for this?
8 answers Last reply
More about asus
  1. nope. no way around that. You need a shorter card.
  2. prosphoto said:
    I purchased an ASUS gtx 580 card...but it did not seem to fit onto my ASUS P5K Mobo...hits the SATA connections...any remedy for this?


    This might be a silly response but can you put the card in the blue PCI 16 slot at the top? (I'm assuming that you put in the card in the black PCI 16 slot)
  3. ^+1 The GPU is supposed to be in the Blue PCIe slot.

    However, if you purchased a 3-slot ASUS GTX 580 then with top mounted SATA slots I would 'try' 90-degree SATA cables but it's still if'y if even that'll work. Worth a try...

  4. natemare said:
    This might be a silly response but can you put the card in the blue PCI 16 slot at the top? (I'm assuming that you put in the card in the black PCI 16 slot)


    I did put it in the blue PCI slot...will it work in the black PCI slot?
  5. The Black is a x4 lane PCIe slot vs the Blue x16 PCIe slot; IMO the platform is bottlenecked enough; you'll lose more performance.

    Use the SATA3 and SATA4 (black SATA ports) slots OS HDD and DVD ODD drives; otherwise try/get the 90-degree SATA cables if >2 SATA ports are needed.
  6. jaquith said:
    ^+1 The GPU is supposed to be in the Blue PCIe slot.

    However, if you purchased a 3-slot ASUS GTX 580 then with top mounted SATA slots I would 'try' 90-degree SATA cables but it's still if'y if even that'll work. Worth a try...

    http://images17.newegg.com/is/image/newegg/12-162-014-TS?$S125W$

    Thank you for your help....
  7. jaquith said:
    The Black is a x4 lane PCIe slot vs the Blue x16 PCIe slot; IMO the platform is bottlenecked enough; you'll lose more performance.

    Use the SATA3 and SATA4 (black SATA ports) slots OS HDD and DVD ODD drives; otherwise try/get the 90-degree SATA cables if >2 SATA ports are needed.



    You are spot on...thank you!
Ask a new question

Read More

Asus Gtx SATA Motherboards