Crossflashed bios and now board is dead

truegenius

Distinguished
BANNED
i have msi k9n6pgm2-v which i have crossflashed to msi k9n6pgm2-v2, flash was sucessesfull but now my board is dead.

Other compments are good.

When i try to start my pc, cpu fan spins for only a couple of seconds only, and thus concluded that my board is dead

if any one have any idea on how to make this 'dead board come alive' then you can share your idea and your views.

What went wrong, i think
Instead of programming only non critical block I crossflashed the whole bios, and this is why it is not working now.

Try clearing and reseting the bios using the cmos jumper with the system unplugged. If that doesn't do it, then remove the board battery for one minute. I use the "live update" flash program for msi, which automatically flashes to the latest bios file. I did a similar flash years ago with a different board, but it's a little too risky. I won't do it again. If the bios chip is removable, you would have to borrow one and replace it to boot up the system, then do a "hot flash" on the old bios chip to restore it. But it's not easy to find a spare board like yours. You might find a dead board on ebay that you can use for parts and pull out the bios chip. The tool for pulling a bios chip is available if you look for it in some local computer shops; it's about $10. Biosman might help, but you might find a similar board on ebay for about the same $$. Fry's has the v2 board on sale through today (thursday, in stores only with sempron cpu) for $74. http://shopping.dallasnews.com/ROP/ads.aspx?advid=2519&adid=12314624&subid=37383527&type=. good luck

truegenius

Distinguished
BANNED
really appreciated the help
i have tried cmos jumper, tried battery out for 1 hour, tried only critical components too but no avail

i will try the steps as stated in biosmen.com, looks like it can make a dead board come alive
i thought that i lost this board forever and started a new thread for a new board, but now seems this board can work, and thus reuse it or can sell it so as to invest in a new board
[:truegenius:8]

truegenius

Distinguished
BANNED
really appreciated the help
i have tried cmos jumper, tried battery out for 1 hour, tried only critical components too but no avail

i will try the steps as stated in biosmen.com, looks like it can make a dead board come alive
i thought that i lost this board forever and started a new thread for a new board, but now seems this board can work, and thus reuse it or can sell it so as to invest in a new board
[:truegenius:8]

truegenius

Distinguished
BANNED
ok now i managed a floppy disk and a drive
when i turn on my pc then light of floppy drive and keboard lights up for split second and also fans of cpu and gpu also spins for 1-2 seconds.
Is this a good sign?
Is that mean that boot blocks of my board are in good condition?
And if can i recover my bios by using floppy disk method?

TRENDING THREADS