Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Video Display card driver for HP nc8430 ATI X1600

Last response: in Windows 8
Share
January 10, 2013 9:13:12 AM

just want to share this, I managed to find a driver that works for ATI X1600 display card on HP laptop nc8430 for Windows8.

http://bizsupport1.austin.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport...


I have been searching this for a while and tried almost everything I found from other posts. eg: windows catalog update, Win7 driver from ATI and etc. However nothing works.

glad it is now working and displaying 1650*1050

Bernie
February 5, 2013 9:22:57 PM

Bernie_wsl said:
just want to share this, I managed to find a driver that works for ATI X1600 display card on HP laptop nc8430 for Windows8.

http://bizsupport1.austin.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport...


I have been searching this for a while and tried almost everything I found from other posts. eg: windows catalog update, Win7 driver from ATI and etc. However nothing works.

glad it is now working and displaying 1650*1050

Bernie

Bernie I am totally with you. I have the exact same machine and bought an extra HD to try a Win 8 upgrade. I expected it to go badly and I ran into 3 strikes. 1. No 1650 x 1050 resolution, 2. bad audio sound quality, and 3. Win8 makes my nc8430 fan whine like a jet engine. I will try your your first fix, but do you have any solutions for 2 and 3?
Thanks, Tom
m
0
l
February 6, 2013 11:40:45 AM

tms223 said:
Bernie I am totally with you. I have the exact same machine and bought an extra HD to try a Win 8 upgrade. I expected it to go badly and I ran into 3 strikes. 1. No 1650 x 1050 resolution, 2. bad audio sound quality, and 3. Win8 makes my nc8430 fan whine like a jet engine. I will try your your first fix, but do you have any solutions for 2 and 3?
Thanks, Tom


Hi Tom,
I was also able to install the graphic card driver from hp website using compatible mode in win8, but I noticed although it works well and improved the performance significantly compared to the Microsoft generic driver, I am having problem starting up windows where the screen will keep flashing for quite a while, it will eventually get to the logic screen, but it is annoying. J have since switched back to Microsoft driver

As for audio, mine seems to be working fine, maybe try download driver from hp and install it in compatible mode

Not sure about the fan as I have just got this laptop. Fan seems to be alright at idle.
Bernie
m
0
l
February 6, 2013 7:45:20 PM

Bernie_wsl said:
Hi Tom,
I was also able to install the graphic card driver from hp website using compatible mode in win8, but I noticed although it works well and improved the performance significantly compared to the Microsoft generic driver, I am having problem starting up windows where the screen will keep flashing for quite a while, it will eventually get to the logic screen, but it is annoying. J have since switched back to Microsoft driver

As for audio, mine seems to be working fine, maybe try download driver from hp and install it in compatible mode

Not sure about the fan as I have just got this laptop. Fan seems to be alright at idle.
Bernie

Bernie I tried the Vista64 bit driver and wow, did it ever work. First the display went to the 1650x1050 resolution. It looks great. But even better, all the apps from the Microsoft Apps store started running a lot faster, and the fan stopped working overtime. Now the laptop (which has separate drives for WinXP, Win7 and Win8) is as quiet as when it's running WinXP. I'm hoping this will continue. The sound quality is okay, it's just not as good when I play music off YouTube. The Win8 drive is really my experimental drive. I never bought Win8 because it's great. But like WinXP it's something that could go on to be great in 1-2 years. Keep me posted on your NC8430. I really like this laptop. I see newer machines coming out from Lenovo (all plastic) with resolutions that are much lower and I think, "What a piece of junk compared to the NC8430."
m
0
l
!