Closed Solved

Is this psu ok for a palit 8800gt?

17 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about palit 8800gt
  1. No, you need a 400W PSU with 1x6-pin and 1x8-pin connectors. Get a better PSU or a less power hungry card, like:

GT240 or HD 5670. I recommend GT 240 for older computers and HD 5670 for the newer ones. They don't require any power connectors from the PSU.
  2. I think the older 8800GT only need one 6pin power connector...
    Agree, get a better PSU and better card (if you are buying a card).

Why don't you tell us your FULL specs here...
  3. emx 785g-fxn(mobo)
    2gb ram
    amd athlon II x2 245(2.9ghz stock)
    this is the only card im buying cuz its cheap and performs great on games...hehe
  4. you need a better psu
  5. You need a better PSU, even the 500W PSU with the same brand Compteq is terrible, it doesn't have even a single 6pin power connector.
  6. so i need a psu that has ????w and 2 ????pin........
  7. Check your card (8800GT) first whether it need an extra power connector or not...
    After that we can analyze more about which PSU that fits your need.
  8. so there are 8800 gts that dont need an extra power connector??
  9. jMvillszz said:
    so there are 8800 gts that dont need an extra power connector??

No, all 8800gt's need a 6pin power connector. Just 1 tho. Even a 8800gts needs a 6pin power connector. 350w is not enough to power those cards. Even if u have the 2 molex to 6pin adapter, 350w isn't enough. There r a few vid card out there that u don't need a 6pin power connector. But thr mostly for lower resolution gaming.
  10. Best answer
    tigrc said:
    No, you need a 400W PSU with 1x6-pin and 1x8-pin connectors.

As others have already said, that is incorrect as an 8800GT only has 1 x 6 pin connector but a 400w PSU would be better than a 350w even though an 8800GT 512MB only draws 111.2w @ 9.3amps at full load.
  11. Mousemonkey said:
    As others have already said, that is incorrect as an 8800GT only has 1 x 6 pin connector but a 400w PSU would be better than a 350w even though an 8800GT 512MB only draws 111.2w @ 9.3amps at full load.

It says "Supplementary Power Connectors - 6-pin & 8-pin" in the official NVIDIA website. Why is that?
  12. No idea, but I have two of them and they only have one 6 pin just like all the others I've seen.
  13. Strange...
  14. tigrc said:
    Strange...

It's the difference between knowing the kit and reading about it off websites, don't worry about it though as it's something I run into all the time in my job when the schematics I get don't match the equipment I have to install.
  15. I hope my January build parts will fit where they are supposed, because the websites are my only source of information...
  16. Best answer selected by jMvillszz.
  17. This topic has been closed by Maziar
Ask a new question

Read More

Palit Graphics