Closed Solved

Upgrading Video Card

I currently have an intel core 2 duo @1.8ghz and 2GB of ddr2-667 ram and intel ingrated graphics. It laagggss very horribly in L4D2, COD and Combat Arms. (Approximately 2fps) Even my pentium 4 system can play smoothly. I want to upgrade the video card, as I think it is causing all the problems. Which video card should I choose, without getting bottlenecked too badly by the processor. I was thinking about an HD 5670, so will it bottleneck my computer alot?
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about upgrading video card
  1. Best answer
    I'm assuming you have a E6300, the older 1.86ghz one. Those easily run 3ghz, I had one at 3.4ghz with an aftermarket cooler.

Id recommend at least a 5770 or GTX460 for newer games and another 2gb of ram wouldn't hurt either.
  2. Agree, with that Chip (E6300) you can OC it up to 2.7GHz WITHOUT raising the VCore and stay stable. :)
    (If that's true your cpu is E6300)

What resolution do you play at?
    PSU? brand? model?
    Motherboard?
    Budget?
  3. Actually my E6300 ran 3.4ghz undervolted. Thing was a beast.
  4. 3.4GHz undervolted??!
    Really?! What is your current VCore?
  5. wa1 said:
    3.4GHz undervolted??!
    Really?! What is your current VCore?

I don't have it anymore. I think the vid was 1.325 and I was running it at 1.248 to keep her cooler.
  6. you're lucky then, to get 3.4GHz I must bump the voltage to 1.33V to get that speed.
    Really, that chip is beast.
  7. Hmmm...I have the GA-965P-S3 rev. 1, too bad it wouldn't take 45nm cpu's. So I'm running a Q6600 at 3200mhz now.
  8. Best answer selected by nadesgalore.
  9. This topic has been closed by Maziar
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Intel Graphics