RAM Compatibility a problem with an ASRock 970 Extreme3

elijahgamer

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2012
The memory compatibility list doesn't have the RAM I bought from PCCaseGear, do I need the RAM to be on the Memory Compatibility List to work with the Motherboard, because other than that, the only other thing that could be wrong with my build is a faulty Motherboard because the MOBO won't turn on! This is probably the issue, it doesn't have the RAM:

G.Skill Ripjaws F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3

On the Support List, I'm getting it brought into a tech guy tomorrow and I want to know if this could be the issue, that way I can save 110 bucks...

The compatability list is a sample testing of some brands and models of ram. If your ram is non-ecc 1.5-1.65v ram, it should work fine unless you are trying to use it on a server board. And no board will post without ram; you need at least one stick. What is your board make and model number?

elijahgamer

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2012

Also, this is not my motherboard model! ASRock 970 not X58...

elijahgamer

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2012
Um, the tech guy I have the desktop at now in the shop will probably have some, I'm getting him to check if the RAM is right for the Motherboard as well, it is not on the support list but it still might be okay...

elijahgamer

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2012
I just basically want to know if there is anything I could ask him that could be a variant to just saying I have to get a new motherboard and cpu that is it... I just don't want to handle my laptop and desktop being sent back to the company for warranty if they are just going to return it and say we tested it with this and this and it works fine...

elijahgamer

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2012
Thanks for the help but I need it pretty soon, I'm going to sleep soon and I have to ask him tomorrow... I appreciate the help in any case regardless of when it is posted but it would be nice to have it soon.

elijahgamer

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2012

What could it be if not the RAM, could it actually be the Motherboard?