3 monitors win 7

I am trying to set up 3 monitors on a dell precision T5500 running windows 7 64bit.

I currently have 2 monitors connected to an NVIDIA Quadro FX 570 which has two ports and that work fine with one monitor running 2560x1600 landscape and a second monitor running portrait 1600x1200 alongside.

I want to add a 3rd monitor again running portrait 1600x1200. I've tried putting in a 2nd PCIE card into the spare PCIE 16 slot but this doesn't work (I've tried NVIDIA and ATI cards).

Dell tell me that I need a pair of SLI or Crossfire cards and my original FX570 won't do. I'm not sure why this is as Win XP and (I thought) Win 7 would handle mutliple cards in the operating system and in the past I've mixed ATI and NVIDIA cards in XP systems with no issues.

Can anyone explain this? If I need to buy 2 new cards can anyone recommend ones that support these resolutions - this is a business machine so I don't need fancy performance and everytime I look up SLI/Crossfire I enter gamers territory.

Cheers.
1 answer Last reply
More about monitors
  1. You can do it with one ATI card from 5000 or 6000 series, but you will need one of your screens to be native displayport, or buy an active dvi-displayport adapter.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eyefinity#Multi-display_technologies
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Monitors Nvidia Graphics