Sign in with
Your question

Change my graphic card

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 16, 2010 11:35:57 AM

I have ATI 4850, this graphic card is killing me ! the idle temperature is always about 87 degrees ! sometimes in middle of the games the system hangs, restart, or even shut down automatically !
I think its vga problem, i want to change it with nvidia, please advice me to buy something new, but not very high end, something midrange and not expensive, same power as 4850 or better.
my cpu is q6600 and i have 4gb ram
thnx

More about : change graphic card

a c 86 U Graphics card
December 16, 2010 12:00:15 PM

i bet there is just huge build-up of dust in the heatsink.... though that is the best excuse to buy new stuff lol
Related resources
December 16, 2010 12:04:07 PM

Kari said:
i bet there is just huge build-up of dust in the heatsink.... though that is the best excuse to buy new stuff lol

lol , i just checked it and clean it ! i have this problem from the beginning !
a c 189 U Graphics card
December 16, 2010 2:20:55 PM

What is your PSU? brand? model?
Are you sure the card+case are free from dust? Tried applied a new thermal paste?
December 16, 2010 3:17:11 PM

wa1 said:
What is your PSU? brand? model?
Are you sure the card+case are free from dust? Tried applied a new thermal paste?

yes i have tried them, but none of them helped !
December 16, 2010 3:22:10 PM

Quote:
are you clocking your C2Q and what are the temps when gaming.?

this is (http://plixi.com/p/63325186) screenshot of my current settings, this temperature is in idle mode and i have manually set the fan speed to 100%, without setting the fan speed i am not able to play most of the games and the system crash

!