Is this a good graphics card?

ryzor1

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2010
I was just wondering what everyone's thought about the ATI Radeon HD 6870 1GB graphics card, I got it primarily for WoW, and was wondering how it would play that as well as other modern day games? :D

Thanks, Ryan

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
6870 is a good card, you should be able to run WoW in ultra at any reasonable resolution , you should also be able to do the same with any game out righ tnow being able to max settings at reasonable resolutions on a single monitor. if you play on ruynning eyefinity (ie 3 monitor setup) your card can do it but depending on resolution you might have to lower some game details

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
^ never buy a sparkle, i've only heard of only a few peoplre getting cards that were NOT DOA and those that do tend to end up rma'ing them...

also as het says "I got it primarily for WoW" implies he already has the card.

I just got a Diamond 6870 (reference model) and I am more than happy with it. Mine oc'ed to 980, 1075 mem already with no volt mod and doesnt get above 68 cel on air. I will push it further but for now Im satisfied. Can't wait to crossfire but for now I have excellent graphics. Oh yeah and the fan at 90% sounds like a jet engine... which actually makes me like the card more, ha. well at least a lot louder than my xfx 5770

this guy again, just talking out off your ass per usual. Make a statement with more sweeping generalizations, no doubt there are some good choices from Nvidia, but in your range I would go 6870

mrjericho1991

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2010

yeah i kick your ass usually. :na:

thats what I'm saying... gtx 470 may be better in some games and 6870 is better in other games, but by no means is the gtx 470 better, didnt the op say he has a crossfire mobo? In that case 6870... dont listen to jericho although a gtx 470 would be a solid choice as well, damn kids these days...