AMD Phenom™ II X4 965 3.4GHz black edition c3 125w =164$

Zalman CNPS10x Performa CPU Cooler =45$

ASUS M4A87TD/USB3 =107$

CORSAIR XMS3 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3 1600 CL9 Dual Memory Kit =68$

SAPPHIRE AMD Radeon HD 6950 2GB GDDR5 =323$

ASUS DRW-24B1ST 24X DVD-RW DL drive =20$

Western Digital (WD) Caviar Black WD1002FAEX-00Z3A0 1TB =96$
64MB cache

*Preferred Website(s) for Parts: (i'm from middle east ask for price and i will write it here, if u wanna see it http://www.egprices.com/ about price 1 $ = 5.88 L.E )

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Approximate Purchase Date: ( april - june )

Budget Range: (850$ = 5000 L.E max)

System Usage from Most to Least Important: ( gaming, surfing the internet, watching movies )

Parts Not Required: ( keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers, OS )

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: (i'm from middle east ask for price and i will write it here, if u wanna see it http://www.egprices.com/ about price 1 $ = 5.88 L.E )

Country of Origin: (Egypt)

Parts Preferences: by brand or type ( I would like to use an AMD CPU & Asus or msi or gigabyte mobo and mid tower case)

Overclocking: Yes

SLI or Crossfire: No

Monitor Resolution: (my screen 19inch )

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

G

Stick to your current buying plan, but buy a new monitor too,

You need a new monitor so that you can get the best out of those cards and get the graphics they were made for

Also, (OPTIONAL)

Also, if you increased your budget a little bit, you can get TWO 6850s in Crossfire, but you will need to change that motherboard with one that supports two graphics cards in crossfire.

pelov

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2011
Unless you plan on getting a new monitor then the current build you have is a bit of an overkill. I would skip the 965 and buy the 955 and just OC the difference. Otherwise, the build itself looks good but you will definitely want to get a bigger monitor to utilize the rigs potential.

G

More importantly, it has to be 1920 by 1080 resolution or more with a good refresh rate.

ibmmtr

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2011
Full HD i don't know if i can get one !

about Res i don't like play game with high res

okay thanks everyone post here

G

The whole point of the 6950 is high res, the whole point of gaming is high res, the whole point of this entire computer is high res!