Computer build

So ive recently been called bak into the computer world and decided to build a custom. my hardware includes an Asus P8P67 deluxe mother board, the intel i7 2600k cpu with a cheap aftermarket cooler coolermaster hyper 212 plus), 2x4 gigs of corsair ram, 1tb hard drive and a radeon xfx 6870 graphics card, and a corsair tx750w power supply. also im running windows 7 pro.

ive got a few questions

1st, is the graphics card going to be able to run games in the next couple years to come??
2nd ive heard alot about overclocking is it worth getting into with an already great proccesor??
3rd is the 8 gigs of ram enough for now or should i boost it up to 16?

any feedback is appreciated thanks!
8 answers Last reply
More about computer build
  1. 1) Yes (depending monitor resolution) but as time passes and new more demanding games come out then in game details might have to be reduced.
    2) Yes and No, your setup is easy to overclock since it is just a matter of raising the multiplier on your K CPU.
    3) 8GB is plenty for normal use and gaming only people doing heavy rendering and 3D modeling need more ram.
  2. As for the GPU if u can afford a 6950 2GB it an awesome card @ 250$ after rebates.

and if this setup is only for gaming then u have no advantage over the i5 2500K while saving u 100bucks which can be put into better GPU. (i5 performs similar to i7 without the 100$ premium)

Everything else looks good.
  3. +1 I agree with everything in the above 2 posts
  4. dre604604 said:
    So ive recently been called bak into the computer world and decided to build a custom. my hardware includes an Asus P8P67 deluxe mother board, the intel i7 2600k cpu with a cheap aftermarket cooler coolermaster hyper 212 plus), 2x4 gigs of corsair ram, 1tb hard drive and a radeon xfx 6870 graphics card, and a corsair tx750w power supply. also im running windows 7 pro.

ive got a few questions

1st, is the graphics card going to be able to run games in the next couple years to come??
    2nd ive heard alot about overclocking is it worth getting into with an already great proccesor??
    3rd is the 8 gigs of ram enough for now or should i boost it up to 16?

any feedback is appreciated thanks!

if you are in the uk that graphics card is on sale at ebuyer and yes its a good one :)

over clocking cpu...why not if you are worrying about it the motherboad come with a disk that will do it for you :)

why will you need 8 gigs?????? what are you doing? 6 will do for game and othere!
  5. 4Gb is enough for gaming but 6 makes no sense when the board runs dual channel unless I have missed something and you can buy 3Gb sticks now
  6. simon12 said:
    4Gb is enough for gaming but 6 makes no sense when the board runs dual channel unless I have missed something and you can buy 3Gb sticks now

2x 2GB and 2x 1GB sticks would run in dual channel, in theory.
  7. Is overclocking really hard on the cpu ,does it shorten the life and is a cheap air cooler enough to keep things running smooth?
  8. Yes, it will shorten the life, but usually you would upgrade the cpu before it dies.
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Computers Build Components