  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
Share
April 27, 2005 2:50:37 PM

Hey out there. Been using diplomat to try to work out the best way to
capture lots of prisoners for labour camps. Trouble is in almost all
the sims I get a bloodbath. Makes little difference if I give boths
sides roughly equal amounts or one side just enough for x3 combat value
or even if I give one side a HUGE (much more than x3) combat value.

Generally I've tried sending in EE ground troops and a couple of HG
against largely undefended Fed bases only to watch the troops get wiped
out by the colonists. Occasionally I throw in combat units but this
just makes it all the more bloody.

I have read the GA guide that's included in the EE player's guide. Is
that out of date? I'm trying to do as it suggests but still getting
bloodbaths.

Basically I have no idea what I'm doing. Can anyone offer some
suggestions?

More about : diplomat sim

Anonymous
April 28, 2005 2:18:42 AM

Howdy,
Yes for a race that exists and depends on prisoners, they do find it
hard
sometimes to not kill them all in GA.

I found my bots and the odd tank do just that.

Use just troops and HG. If mostly undefended...and not too may else
they shoot em.
Else use some mechs but only attack and run or something to reduce the
defenders.
In Host 189 I was using a small wing to GA with to reduce enemy
defenses in the same
turn as my GA...dont know about latest host.

Just recently I captured...by accident as wasnt intending to GA till
next turn,
280,000 crystal colonists and some crew and some troops with
1000 col and 5000 crew...:) )?? He had 100 troops and forget the crew.

Now the feds....times 10 str...???

Cheers.
Emperor Leeroy.
April 28, 2005 11:29:29 AM

Have you tried tactics on killing the defenders with deep ground patrol
or roaming defence orders (if opponent has also CrushKillDestroy
orders) with battlebots. Then dust off the bots and beam down troops
to do ground attack with "capture" to take everything what is left.

I have not tried this yet in practice but this should work atleast
based on simulations. I just started my first game as EE and found feds
at turn 7 so this is very intresting subject for me too.

Actually what I think the best way EE to capture prisoners is to use
only highguards....
April 29, 2005 6:26:40 PM

Nosferatu wrote:
> Have you tried tactics on killing the defenders with deep ground
patrol
> or roaming defence orders (if opponent has also CrushKillDestroy
> orders) with battlebots. Then dust off the bots and beam down troops
> to do ground attack with "capture" to take everything what is left.
>
> I have not tried this yet in practice but this should work atleast
> based on simulations. I just started my first game as EE and found
feds
> at turn 7 so this is very intresting subject for me too.
>
> Actually what I think the best way EE to capture prisoners is to use
> only highguards....

I'm pretty sure HG don't fight in the main combat but are you implying
that at the end of the 'non' battle if the combat strength of the HG is
high enough (x3) they can capture the survivors? That'd be nice given
the EE's HG.

I'll try your Bot/deep ground patrol plan. SOunds interesting.

Cheers to all for your suggestions. I'll give 'em a spin.
!