tecra 8100 with 8200 procesor

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
March 23, 2005 6:54:29 PM

I have a 8100 with a 8200 processor but whene I check cpu speed in
system on control pannel he says its only 378 mhz but I know it must
be more. So does anyone know if there are more users with this problem
and if the reading is accurate???
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
March 24, 2005 2:33:52 PM

"Christiaan" <christiaan_verschoor@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I have a 8100 with a 8200 processor but whene I check cpu speed in
> system on control pannel he says its only 378 mhz but I know it must
> be more. So does anyone know if there are more users with this problem
> and if the reading is accurate???

Is that running of the battery or from the ac adapter?

Cheers,

Lee.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
March 29, 2005 4:01:35 PM

"Lee Marsh" <leemarsh@rd1501.force9.co.uk> wrote in message news:<3afmq9F6da25oU1@individual.net>...
> "Christiaan" <christiaan_verschoor@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >I have a 8100 with a 8200 processor but whene I check cpu speed in
> > system on control pannel he says its only 378 mhz but I know it must
> > be more. So does anyone know if there are more users with this problem
> > and if the reading is accurate???
>
> Is that running of the battery or from the ac adapter?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Lee.

On both, and sometimes it is 378 mhz and sometimes 379, but i am
running windows xp and it is running perfect. So I do think that the
reading is not right. But i do think it's still funny.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
April 3, 2005 8:11:11 PM

I have found the sulution to this problem, for anyone who would like
to know how i did it, in the bios under battary options processing
speed was set on slow, i put it un high and problem solved. You better
set cooling to performance of maximum performance or it get realy hot
in you little laptop.

Chris
!